One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-04-21 07:52:30

CoeusMaze

Re: Powershell Script to track your coordinates - Updated

Thanks very much! I always have trouble finding the city I built in an official server. With this script I should be able to complete the monument on my own!

#27 2018-04-21 11:48:08

Kitaelia

Mugatu86 wrote:
netnei wrote:

Is this broken now?

No, I updated the script on the main post to show your true coordinates, rather than the relative ones.

If people are interested, I can have it include both.

Thank you for this neat tool! I would personally love it if the script could show true coordinates, relative coordinates, and what server I am currently on!

Your OHOL Suggestions and ↑ or ↓'s are appreciated: OneLifeSuggestions Reddit
-Twitter- for Stream announcements & randomness!
-Twitch- to Hang out with me while I play!

#28 2018-04-27 21:51:44

MistressZues

Anyway you could make a youtube tutorial on how to use it Im having trouble with it. Im definitly a visual learner lol

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#29 2018-04-27 23:41:55

gbear14275

Trojan:Win32/Fuerboos.A!cl   <-- Google drive binary was flagged as this by windows defender.

I only feed baby's who know the forum password "Q"...

#30 2018-04-28 22:59:32

rcollins779x

Using the location script is great, but even when I custom server login and return to where I died, nothing is there, no town, no body, even the biome is different... what gives?!

#31 2018-04-28 23:17:29

kubassa
Banned

rcollins779x wrote:

Using the location script is great, but even when I custom server login and return to where I died, nothing is there, no town, no body, even the biome is different... what gives?!

Server resets. Make sure you are on the same server you were on with those coords.

I got huge ballz.

#32 2018-04-28 23:40:27

Kitaelia

rcollins779x wrote:

There was an update to the game early April that changed how coordinates were shown in your game files. Something about every time you spawn in (Birth or Eve) the game recognizes your "birth" location as your own personal 0,0 coordinates.. Which is what the mod will go off of if not updated.

The mod was changed on April 4th with updated code so you can see your "global" coordinates rather than your personal "local" coordinates.

I hope that made sense..

You basically just need to remake your ps1 file with the new code above, or edit your current ps1 file with the new code to fix your problem. smile

MistressZues wrote:

Anyway you could make a youtube tutorial on how to use it Im having trouble with it. Im definitly a visual learner lol

What version of windows do you use? If you have windows 10 I can help walk you through it! I was really intimidated by the instructions when I first read them here, but once I figured it out it was easy. smile

Last edited by Kitaelia (2018-04-28 23:41:31)

Your OHOL Suggestions and ↑ or ↓'s are appreciated: OneLifeSuggestions Reddit
-Twitter- for Stream announcements & randomness!
-Twitch- to Hang out with me while I play!

#33 2018-08-28 18:29:10

Sharlank

Does this script still works? I'm having troubles finding the file stdout.txt file on MacOS, would love to see this feature implemented in the live game.

#34 2018-08-28 18:42:26

Joriom
Website

This does not work anymore for global coordinates. Global coordinates are only known server side and sending them to client was DISABLED on purpose. All you will see in stdout are coordinates relative to your spawn location now. This is due to Jasons not liking the idea of us making our own cartography tools and backtracking to our previous settlements.

#35 2018-08-28 18:44:41

Sharlank

Joriom wrote:

This does not work anymore for global coordinates. Global coordinates are only known server side and sending them to client was DISABLED on purpose. All you will see in stdout are coordinates relative to your spawn location now. This is due to Jasons not liking the idea of us making our own cartography tools and backtracking to our previous settlements.

Thank you for the fast answer, hopefully some kind of cartography will be available through some craftable objects in game then tongue

#36 2018-08-30 01:49:58

boggers

Has anyone looked at mapping with graphics already? I don't care about global coordinates, just want a separate window showing where I've been, one pixel per tile coloured by biome, a dot where I am, and maybe dots for permanent things like ponds, rabbit holes and iron veins. Thinking of throwing something together in unity, just wondering if anyone is already familiar with the map format in stdout.txt

#37 2018-08-30 01:52:37

Joriom
Website

boggers wrote:

Has anyone looked at mapping with graphics already? I don't care about global coordinates, just want a separate window showing where I've been, one pixel per tile coloured by biome, a dot where I am, and maybe dots for permanent things like ponds, rabbit holes and iron veins. Thinking of throwing something together in unity, just wondering if anyone is already familiar with the map format in stdout.txt

Game is open source so you don't even need to fiddle with stdout.txt . Just modify the oryginal client code to include minimap in it.

#38 2018-08-30 02:06:08

boggers

Joriom wrote:
boggers wrote:

Game is open source so you don't even need to fiddle with stdout.txt . Just modify the oryginal client code to include minimap in it.

I don't want to install a Linux VM and totally unfamiliar build environment just for this, plus I'm using zoom mod, so a modded client creates potential layers of dependencies whenever Jason updates the default client. Easier in the long term just to make it standalone IMO.

Board footer