One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-06 10:49:43

arkajalka

Hard locking into race

Old schoolers should lock into one race and only play for it.

We could organize the who playes for who and even out the skillfull players between the families. There would be a baby code letter ("Q" lmao) to curse baby after sid to prevent that user from borning into unwanted family line.

Now dayes as the player base is really small i feel like we cant afford to keep 4 family lines going. Imo there should be max 3 family lines going. Preferably even 2. Dont know how the zone restriction works. But i've seen that sometimes its open for all. I hope that is connected to not having essential family to get rubber (aka if we have no jungle people we dont have restrictions). Or if its just tied to server population. Tho jungle resources could be achieved by just running a jungle eve to the black/ginger town and haul some stuff.

Race tier list

Tier 1 Blacks, Essential in early game because of the overpowered horses and part of the rubber chain.
Tier 2 Gingers, Late game civ with acces to oil.
Tier 3 Jungle, Only needed for the latex and palm oil and occasional mango yums.
Tier4 Whites, Totaly useless, waste of server population and pips.

Locking into one civ would also bring up a new pvp manhunt game. As you have to sometimes roam to newplayer white/jungle eve towns to wipe them all out off the map.

So heres what we could do is:
1. All lock into just one race if the restrictions are open and hunt out the noob camps of different races.
2. Coordinate the spread of 2/3 races between skillfull players and have a curse code letter for sid babies to prevent borning into "wrong" family

I myself play only for blacks and have done so for months now. Tier 1 horse race

baa

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#2 2022-01-06 18:55:56

DestinyCall

Re: Hard locking into race

Race restricts are removed when server population drops below threshold.    So the problem should go away naturally as the game loses popularity.   

The curse system is personal and persistant, so if someone curses you, you are not locked out of just one family.  Last I checked, the curse prevents you from being born to that player (or to anyone nearby the cursing player) for a month.   With our increasingly small player population and limited families, I really do not recommend cursing people without a good reason or asking people to curse you.  If you want to play alone or only with your friends, just switch to one of the low pop servers.

#3 2022-01-06 22:40:01

Laggy

Going to war with any family and brutal slaying them sounds fun, but may get you alot of curses, also.

#4 2022-01-07 13:53:50

arkajalka

DestinyCall wrote:

Race restricts are removed when server population drops below threshold.    So the problem should go away naturally as the game loses popularity.   

The curse system is personal and persistant, so if someone curses you, you are not locked out of just one family.  Last I checked, the curse prevents you from being born to that player (or to anyone nearby the cursing player) for a month.   With our increasingly small player population and limited families, I really do not recommend cursing people without a good reason or asking people to curse you.  If you want to play alone or only with your friends, just switch to one of the low pop servers.

Well the idea was that both of the players using the code word would be locked into one race. So if i who only playes for blacks gets a baby that playes only for ginger we can curse each others and it will not lock us out of our own race.

@Laggy oh didnt count that in.

The whole curse system is super broken beyond use. 30day ban is so harsh punishment with this player base. Was just hoping we could actually twist it to be something of use.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

Board footer