One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-08-27 03:20:33

Lizzee

I made a little fan art

I took a long break from playing One hour One Life in 2023. At the start of my hiatus there was a community competition for the Discord banner. The competition was a great idea and it stuck with me. I knew I couldn't participate at the time.
Having wished I had entered it I created my own idea of what I would have done for the banner. I really loved the idea of nesting dolls made from OHOL animals. Immediately I knew I wanted the second to last animal to be the goose. The thought of getting to use it's position to make the goose beheaded really tickled me. Seemed like, though a little morbid, the perfect bit of OHOL silliness. First this sketch sat for months collecting dirt and coffee stains. I told myself I'd turn it into a watercolor but I never did.
Last week I played with so many bots, it was very disheartening. This game was an art piece because of it's uniqueness. Each player's interactions made it this way. The NPCs take away from that experience. I had imagined the game dying in a way, me being the only one left on big server with no one to birth just Eve chaining. I had never imagined I would be stuck birthing or building for npcs/bots. Completely ruins the game for me. Which is probably for the best because I have been, at times, unhealthily emotionally attached to this game.
Reflecting on that I wanted to complete my OHOL inspired art piece. I think OHOL was an amazing civilization simulator. Easily held me captivated and was my favorite game for years.
Decided to take my sketch and turn it into a stamp. I've been practicing carving on linoleum and making little stamps but this is by far the most complicated thing I've done. I wish I would have done it differently so I could have achieved the fine details more easily but all in all I think it turned out cute. It wouldn't have won the contest, fairly so, but I still wanted to share my little art with those of you who shared the OHOL experience with me.

Handpressed linoleum print using acrylic. Color created with brush using acrylic;
https://imgur.com/a/0RGzkAD
A look at the stamp too;
https://imgur.com/a/eKVyyzJ

Board footer