One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-29 15:35:56

tshullie

I'm sorry, mom and daughter (unnamed mother and Sunny)

I hope you both see this, just so you know what happened to me.

I was born to an Eve without a name. She just spawned, so we didn't have a proper home.

My whole childhood we ran around with baskets in both our hands, looking for a good spot to call home for us - and our future generations. My mom has given birth to quite a few babies at this time, however none of them survived long, even though my mother tried her best to feed them. At one point we found a great place: It had lots of soil, milkweed scattered around the place and plenty of carrots surrounding us.

We decided to stay there and immediately started working, each on their own thing. I don't know what exactly my mother did, but I prepared some adobe to build a kiln in order to make bowls for water. While working I gave birth to my first - and sadly only - daughter. I picked her up and when my mom came back to our place, I asked her if we should keep my baby (simply because our only food resource has gotten very tiny). She said yes, and my daughter replied with "P"..."L"..."Z". I was glad to have such a determined little girl and called her "Sunny".

I got some clay while she followed my every step. At some point my mother had made a fire, so I placed her there until she grew up to get even stronger. She immediately grabbed the basket and told me she'd get clay - I was so happy and proud that my daughter had such a strong will to work and survive. Unfortunately my hunger has gotten really bad at this point, so I ran around, panicking because I couldn't find any food.
Then, finally, I found a berry bush. Right when I was about to eat it, I got disconnected. I could actually feel my heart ache.

I've never had such a nice story. A nice Eve-mother who was willing to let me live right from the beginning, us both searching for a nice place, and then even having a great daughter who didn't suicide after seeing that we didn't have much.

I hope you both read this. I just wanted to let you both know that, even though this game didn't last long, it was one of the best I've had lately... thanks!

-Chani

Board footer