One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-11 01:00:56

tumbitiger

High rate of low tech/Eve spawn

Probably 1 in 5 spawns i will join a civ with at least most tool tech complete. Mostly just joining servers as an Eve or born to one...  Wondering whether this is due to an increase in game population or more servers? Or are servers being wiped too often if at all?

Kind regards,

The kid that keeps starving...

#2 2018-05-11 03:36:03

pein

Re: High rate of low tech/Eve spawn

its the update which blocks reborns for 3 hours to a place you been already

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-05-11 04:22:33

FeignedSanity

I honestly very much doubt this. I've spawned into plenty of big cities (mind you, not mega cities)

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#4 2018-05-11 09:56:21

tumbitiger

Just playing atm. First 3 spawns as an Eve baby. The next into a small village where they're all starving and told to beat it lol.
Next 3 spawns, I'm Eve, followed by another 1st born to an Eve...
So of 8 spawns in the space of 15 mins I've hit 1 village with a carrot farm and a kiln. I've had roughly 5 good lives in a decent sized civ in 3 days. Surely I'm not the only one copping this?

You can very much doubt it all you like, but this has basically been my experience after picking the game up again over the past few days.

Last edited by tumbitiger (2018-05-11 09:59:03)

#5 2018-05-11 10:20:58

Potjeh

I'm having the opposite experience. Keep getting born into the same city over and over again, and I'd very much like to be an Eve or Eve's child.

#6 2018-05-11 10:29:03

tumbitiger

XD What can you do... Just keep on Roll'n

#7 2018-05-11 11:29:35

FounderOne

I had a good mix, but mostly eve or kid of eve spawn.

Unfortunatly 5/6 times when I was an eve all my kids died or I just had boys left....
Even in great lands full of food they managed to starve or ran away... I tried several playstyles as eve. Get the carrot farm running fast or make small things and mostly haul berrys etc to the settlement.
In the first case my kids just starved. The second case I supported three kids with hauling food to the camp, but in my whole lifetime THREE players didnt managed to build up a farm etc. Idk if they just stood there and ate the berrys lol.

Just once I had a experienced kid that worked together with me and we could build up a really good start settlement.

Alone I can set up as an eve a big carrot farm, small berry farm or milkweed farm, adobe kiln with everything to start smithing + coal etc. , 9 Bowls and 3 plates, rais 4-6 kiddos. And some small other stuff.
But my kids or my other eve mums dont even come close that.....

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#8 2018-05-11 12:23:48

pein

had a fun run few days ago
was like second or third kid . mum had a small patch of green biome with desert near it and shittons of water.  she was setting up farm but had no branches, no way to make a pouch or bowl in time, tried to get food back, i already had to eat one as i arrive back
i even lagged
my bro was fed twice and i couldnt put basket down, he was starvign as baby, finally i typed lag, he could pick out a wild onion from basket, i only told him to come, and shoving the way south, we survived, but was a grind to get everything going
had two sons alive and one daughter who fucked up by going too far, and i went old, with like 3 daughters, 1 was no chance to live, one was suiciding, one was dumb. we had so nice place near a monolith, makes me wonder if i ever should waste my time as eve if i dont get a good spot in 5 minutes

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#9 2018-05-11 18:41:42

FeignedSanity

tumbitiger wrote:

You can very much doubt it all you like, but this has basically been my experience after picking the game up again over the past few days.

I'm sorry for the confusion, I wasn't referring to your post. I very much believe you, you were probably just "unlucky". I was referring to Pein's statement that it was cause by the lineage cooldown. That was what I was calling into question.

Potjeh wrote:

I'm having the opposite experience. Keep getting born into the same city over and over again, and I'd very much like to be an Eve or Eve's child.

I'm having much the same experience, I personally like to have my spawns 80/20. 80 being spawned into an even or small settlement with maybe only a kiln for technology, and 20 being spawning into cities with most of the tech tree and at least a sheep pen. But I just go with whatever I draw lol.

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#10 2018-05-13 03:10:27

Feldspar

tumbitiger wrote:

Just playing atm. First 3 spawns as an Eve baby. The next into a small village where they're all starving and told to beat it lol.
Next 3 spawns, I'm Eve, followed by another 1st born to an Eve...
So of 8 spawns in the space of 15 mins I've hit 1 village with a carrot farm and a kiln. I've had roughly 5 good lives in a decent sized civ in 3 days. Surely I'm not the only one copping this?

Yeah I constantly have the same problem- all my time playing the game I have never once been born into a large city. Closest thing I got was a dying small town, but for the most part 99% of my spawns have been as either Eve or a child of Eve (occasionally a grandchild of Eve if I'm lucky). I'm wondering if it has something to do with what timezone I"m playing in? I really can't think of anything else!

just here putting off doing my assignments

#11 2018-05-13 12:51:12

Angel Carrillo

I keep spawning as an Eve constantly while I am kind of okay with that, the names are still a little buggy.

Board footer