One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-24 08:17:59

Aurora Aurora

THE EVES! THE EEEVEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!

Every damn game I play I’m eve! Yesterday I even was eve 12 times in a row before being abandoned as a baby boy in a big village. THEN I GOT BACK TO BEING EEEEVE! ITS NO FUN I TELL YA! DAMN EVES! FUCKING EEEEVEEEEEES!

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#2 2018-05-24 08:24:58

breezeknight

Re: THE EVES! THE EEEVEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!

it's just not enough players ? in the hope there will be more ?
just a guess, atm 30, all on s1
play on s1, maybe you spawn more often as baby

#3 2018-05-24 08:28:15

Aurora Aurora

breezeknight wrote:

it's just not enough players ? in the hope there will be more ?
just a guess, atm 30, all on s1
play on s1, maybe you spawn more often as baby

But when I’m a woman in a village I get like 10 kids without fail so it can’t be that

#4 2018-05-24 08:49:49

Baker

I blame the lineage ban for that, Each time a town abandons babies they get "Banned" for that lineage for like 3 hours. So none of the towns wanted you and you got banned from every bloodline and the game has no choice but to spawn you as an Eve or an eves baby.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#5 2018-05-24 08:52:10

Aurora Aurora

Baker wrote:

I blame the lineage ban for that, Each time a town abandons babies they get "Banned" for that lineage for like 3 hours. So none of the towns wanted you and you got banned from every bloodline and the game has no choice but to spawn you as an Eve or an eves baby.

I know and I hate it! I just wanna role play and not grind as a fucking eve for 4 hours. Jason should lift this damn ban.

#6 2018-05-24 23:21:46

Lotus

Agreed. I’ve been an Eve to the point where it’s exhausting lately. Even stops me from playing the game sometimes — it’s too repetitive when you spawn in the wilderness over and over. I usually end up dying before I even find a good spot.

I don’t understand why the lineage ban is in place.

#7 2018-05-25 00:49:41

Portager

The lineage ban is needed, it could use some minor tweaks, but without it the suicide baby epidemic was plaguing the game. With it, Eves are forced to look after their kids and ppl are dis-incentivized from suiciding. There should be some tweaks, like under certain death conditions it should not apply.

I agree that being an eve is tedious, but if you can successfully rear a family it gives other lineages a chance to develop while you are, and then after 50 or 60 minutes when you die, you can go play in their camps.

#8 2018-05-25 01:17:36

YAHG

I think it wouldave been funnier to make suicide babies just get reborn to the same Mom over and over..

Also if the baby sex was deterministic at Mom birth like MMFFFMMMFFMMMFMFFMMF or whatever and unless your baby survived babyhood you had to repeat that step in the chain.

A nice fuck you to meta-gaming <3

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#9 2018-05-25 06:13:32

Tane

I'm almost always a baby, lately boys.
But I mostly play on server 1. My respawn ratio is like 10-1.
I love being an eve with one or two good kids. It gives you a rush to log in awhile later an be born into your original setup.
Hasn't happened to me for awhile

Oh, and in one of the threads He Who Is said he's looking into a way to deter suiciding.

Last edited by Tane (2018-05-25 06:18:38)

#10 2018-05-25 07:19:59

Glassius

Portager wrote:

The lineage ban is needed, it could use some minor tweaks, but without it the suicide baby epidemic was plaguing the game

There are things you see and things you don't. This ban just moved problem of suiciding kids to army of naked Eves. New problem was created by resolving the old one. Yesterday I wanted to practise smithing and it ended ten times with Eve or Eve's child searching for snakes. And twice as civilezd kid failed to be cared.

Jason refuses to add spawn options and that is the problem. Players are wasting their time trying to be spawn in certain situations. And it does not even matches his original idea of child stage as a common experience. We now get naked Eve in the wilderness as a common practise smile

#11 2018-05-25 12:35:16

Xuhybrid

So if im a naked Eve and i have 5 kids, i'm meant to feed them all on berries and onions while i create and tend a farm and also create a way to fetch water? If i don't i don't get any more children. OKAY THEN?!

#12 2018-05-25 16:32:07

Lotus

The problem with the lineage ban regarding Eves is that they have around ten children which they are unable to care for. As a newly-spawned Eve, I’ve found that the birth cooldown is either lesser or that I’m simply enamored with an illusion.

A way to somewhat resolve this is th have more than one family line in a single civilization, big or small, but this is out of our control.

#13 2018-05-25 17:00:35

Valences42

Sorry to hear that!

Aurora, what hours were/are you playing?  What server were you on?

I don't know if this helps, but maybe there was a server boom?  I am EST and play kinda at night 6-9 EST - there was a nice variety of spawns. 

(I still have no idea how to check what server I'm playing on....)

#14 2018-05-25 18:10:35

Aurora Aurora

Valences42 wrote:

Sorry to hear that!

Aurora, what hours were/are you playing?  What server were you on?

I don't know if this helps, but maybe there was a server boom?  I am EST and play kinda at night 6-9 EST - there was a nice variety of spawns. 

(I still have no idea how to check what server I'm playing on....)

Every day. All day.

#15 2018-05-26 00:55:21

Feldspar

Weird, I used to have this problem all the time, but haven't spawned as Eve once since recent updates. Maybe sometimes we just get unlucky? Ah well if you're still spawning as Eve right now you can always try my Genghis Khan challenge (or make up your own version haha). I haven't had a chance to try it yet as ironically I stopped spawning as an Eve as soon as I invented the challenge for myself, but I figure when I do next spawn as Eve it will give me a little more variety in my game play outside of just "set up a carrot farm".

just here putting off doing my assignments

Board footer