One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-09 00:54:44

dana

I KILLED SUNSHINE, DELPHIA. (Butt Family)

When I was a child named Christine, you gave me everything you had. In exchange you asked me to kill the Queen, Sunshine. I didn't understand why, but I promised that I would.

It took me ages, but I did it. I hope you're proud.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=280930

Last edited by dana (2018-06-09 01:22:55)

#2 2018-06-09 01:29:33

Stankysteve

Re: I KILLED SUNSHINE, DELPHIA. (Butt Family)

I tried to ask you "Who, why?" But you were starving already. I was Queeny.

I was there, ready to shoot you as I had other murderers troubling us. But you had already accepted your fate, you weren't running, and you dropped your weapon when you could. As I ran around announcing your crime, you opted to continue to starve and simple say "For delphi", "I die now."

Now, I get a different story. Delphia was my mother. Sandra, my grandmother, the queen at the time, who admired me as a baby. I was named Queeny, after my grandmother('s position), according to Delphia.  Another girl was born to an aunt shortly after, and Delphia asked who Sandra would pass the crown on to. Sandra replied she would to the hard worker among us. So Delphia told me to work hard. And I did. I watered, I composted, I transported mutton, I grew milkweed, I cooked, I brought tons of firewood into town, I killed murderers. And I kept so busy I didn't even notice the crown changing hands over the years, unless murder was involved.

But after the defense of the town in multiple high profile murder cases, you know what? People loved me. "All hail queeny" "Queeny is protector". Not all heroes wear capes they say, and I was the Queen[y] Without a Crown. The crown makes people go mad. One of the murderers killed a kid who had a crown. It makes people go wacky, it makes a target of people. Plus, actions speak louder then words, and I don't respect someone who wears a crown and lets it go to their head, especially if they lack game knowledge, compared to the humble composter providing lifeblood to a settlement. To be recognized as a hero of the village regardless of the gaudy golden trinket felt really good.

I'm sad you took this dark oath to your grave. I'm sure Delphia, my own mother would've been happy to see what had become of her own branch of the family in me. I also don't quite get why you went for Sunshine. Did she end up getting the crown off of that kid who had been murdered for it? She didn't have it when you did it. If that's the case, you just murdered some random person, not the alleged person Delphia said you should get the crown from, the queen she asked you to kill, Sandra (gen 4) - who was also an incredibly nice player- I had finally assured everyone we were at peace once more, had just gotten some of the no-longer-bloody corpses out of there, when you struck. I admire your dedication to the bit and accepting full responsibility for it though, I can't lie. You weren't like that one racist murdering weirdo we had to kill. You had honor, in some weird twisted sense. But it was still an undeserved murder. She was going to die in a minute anyways!

But boy that was a good life. As an old crone I directed children to high priority tasks, showered them with hopes and praise, and fed a lonely boy at the fire, little Tony. We shared a heart warming moment at the fire together, as I spoke lovingly to him, and gave him my clothes, I got down to five hunger bars and he could start to grab stuff... He began to feed me instead now! He wanted me to get every last minute out of life. I pushed him away, sadly knowing, "No, It's time now"... And I ran far, not wanting to be boney clutter in town, or wastefully buried out of town...But I felt oddly sentimental, and had a sudden change of heart. I turned back just to get to the wells and see....Tony running towards me - berry in hand! He got right next to me, arm outstretched to raise the berry to my mouth, but it was too late already - "Death - Age 60".

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=281099

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-09 04:06:40)

#3 2018-06-09 01:42:07

dana

I'm glad to learn more about the Butt family. It was an amazing place to be born into, and I did want to stay and contribute before I was entrusted with my mission. My mom said "Christina, why?" as I let myself starve to death, and I felt a deep sense of regret. But it had to be done.

To be entirely honest, I was unsure of who exactly Delphia asked me to kill- She said Sunshine, but she also said Queen. And you were Queeny, the Queen, as queenly as it gets. I didn't want to stay in the village and get attached to anyone, so I never got to ask around and figure out why Delphia would have asked me to kill either of you.

In the end, I'm glad that I decided to off Sunshine instead of you. I didn't know you were Delphia's daughter! It would have been horribly ironic to kill the daughter of the person I was killing for. I know that she was dying anyway, but I wanted to see my mission to it's end. May the Butt line live on!

Last edited by dana (2018-06-09 01:46:15)

#4 2018-06-09 01:46:48

karltown_veteran

I was Sandra, Delphia and Sunshine’s mom and the creator of the crown.
I can’t believe all you bratty girls are still fighting over this.
(Backstory: My daughter wanted me to give the crown to queenie, a young baby who hadn’t proved she was worthy of it by working. Stella also wanted the crown. They followed me around and squabbled, going so far as to name their daughters Queenie and Sandra. Delphia and Stella were greedy vultures who hadn’t worked a day. I didnt know about their daughters but didn’t want to crown people whom i couldn’t judge their character. They were cute though. So I gave the crown to my brother Ben and died peacefully. He was smart so if he gave it to sunshine she must have deserved it.
Delphia, I expected better and the writer of this killed an innocent; Sunshine was hardworking and never once asked for the crown.)

Last edited by karltown_veteran (2018-06-09 01:53:19)

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#5 2018-06-09 01:54:20

dana

Ah! So it was a succession crisis! I was a child assassin, raised to kill Sunshine, a former rival for the crown that Delphia felt bitter towards! Easily my most exciting life. May Delphia's line live on!

Last edited by dana (2018-06-09 01:56:24)

#6 2018-06-09 01:57:33

karltown_veteran

Stankysteve wrote:

Sandra replied she would to the hard worker among us. So Delphia told me to work hard. And I did. I watered, I composted, I transported mutton, I grew milkweed, I cooked, I brought tons of firewood into town, I killed murderers. And I kept so busy I didn't even notice the crown changing hands over the years, unless murder was involved.

I’m sorry I didn’t give you the crown. You probably should have gotten it but I was mad at your mother for nagging me about it. I also didn’t live long enough to watch you working hard. Love you my granddaughter.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#7 2018-06-09 02:01:10

Stankysteve

Sandra, my queen and my namesake, Queeny. I killed someone who killed for the crown! I killed a murdering racist! I did so many tasks around the village we hardly saw each other again! While earning it would've been nice, I never cared, I was too busy working! I remember passing you at one point by the bakery, clearly being swarmed by a gaggle of harpies, to see you saying "Leave me alone girls" I sympathized completely. I considered grabbing your attention then, but clearly you were fed up, so I continued to keep busy out of respect to your wishes.

I didn't need your crown, because by the time I was done, people were hailing Queeny the Protector regardless of my clothes! Infant grandchildren were stuffing berries down my throat as a 59 year old crone I was beloved to all generations! I'm sorry the gaudy trinket troubled you, truly. I suppose I'm pretty happy I didn't actually inherit it, (besides the reason that someone later got murdered for it, whom I avenged) Instead I think I lived up to your expectations and then some instead, instilling hard work virtues into the next generation, like you had to me. I love you <3

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-09 02:12:57)

#8 2018-06-09 02:07:16

Stankysteve

dana wrote:

Ah! So it was a succession crisis! I was a child assassin, raised to kill Sunshine, a former rival for the crown that Delphia felt bitter towards! Easily my most exciting life. May Delphia's line live on!

I uhh...didn't have any kids ^^;; It was a relief honestly, since there were plenty of 'em around at times. I could baby sit at points when needed, and could give neglected children of others tours and directions better without having a million popping out of me to neglect at the same time. I had more motherly experiences with cousins twice removed then I normally do with my own children/parents big_smile Much like you did with Delphi, Christine wink It's funny - Delphia's last words as a 58 year old are "Were you successful?"

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-09 02:11:32)

#9 2018-06-09 02:09:39

karltown_veteran

Stankysteve wrote:

I suppose I'm pretty happy I didn't actually inherit it, (besides the reason that someone later got murdered for it, whom I avenged)

I feel bad it caused so much trouble. I didn’t think anyone would care, but no. People bugged me about it from the start. I didn’t make it for status or anything like that, just that I had never made a crown, and I felt that since I’d farmed for the larger portion of my life I deserved a break.

P.S.: I said leave me alone because Stella and Delphi(Delphia) were following me. Again. I guess hard work and intelligence skipped a generation but I’m lucky to have such an awesome granddaughter. At least Delphi accomplished one thing.

#10 2018-06-09 02:11:48

dana

Stankysteve wrote:
dana wrote:

I uhh...didn't have any kids ^^;;

...WHAT!!! D:

Stankysteve wrote:

Much like you did with Delphi, Christine wink

Well, I guess that's alright. BUT STILL.

Stankysteve wrote:

It's funny - Delphia's last words as a 58 year old are "Were you successful?"

Ah, yes. She was asking me if I had killed Sunshine yet. I wanted to reassure her that I was waiting to grow old enough to carry a bow, but she ran off. I never saw her again...

Last edited by dana (2018-06-09 02:13:46)

#11 2018-06-09 02:17:05

Stankysteve

karltown_veteran wrote:

I feel bad it caused so much trouble. I didn’t think anyone would care, but no. People bugged me about it from the start. I didn’t make it for status or anything like that, just that I had never made a crown, and I felt that since I’d farmed for the larger portion of my life I deserved a break.

Aww, that's the real tragedy here, especially since it was your first time making one for yourself.  I guess crowns aren't meant to go on Butts......eh? big_smile

-ily gma

EDIT: Upon further inspection of the family tree, some Wolosyzks killed some Butts early on, and vice versa! I was the only surviving female of gen 2, the pseudo eve. I wonder if the butts inherited the Wolosyzks town?! They ended up dying out 4-5 hours ago. Butts in the second generation were being killed by Wolosyzks. I think either an eve wandered into our dying settlement and inherited it, after the early murder and grizzly bears got sorted out, and took over. The other possibility is that one of my Wolosyzk descendants wandered off and found a Butt camp just getting started, and had some family mingling as the Wolo tree died out. Very exciting either way to see continuity between my two family lines!

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-09 02:23:38)

#12 2018-06-09 02:20:22

karltown_veteran

Stankysteve wrote:
karltown_veteran wrote:

Aww, that's the real tragedy here, especially since it was your first time making one for yourself.  I guess crowns aren't meant to go on Butts......eh? big_smile

-ily gma

Heh heh. Always enjoyed our last name. Cracked me up when I saw a guy called Baby Butts walk past

#13 2018-06-09 02:28:45

Stankysteve

Oooo Tell me everything you know about Baby Butts! I just threw an edit on my last post, but I think I actually founded this town as a different family, the Wolosyzks. Baby Butt's name shows up in that tree, and I was the mother of all Wolosyzks. Not the Eve, but the only living female of Gen 2 -Bobby Wolosyzk. If we go way down the tree Baby Butt appears.
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=279039

If we go way up the Butt tree (lol) we see Soccorro Wolosyzk, looks like he ended Baby Butt's killing spree, who killed several Wolosyzk and Butt alike.

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-09 02:29:38)

#14 2018-06-09 02:29:50

dana

Stankysteve wrote:

pon further inspection of the family tree, some Wolosyzks killed some Butts early on, and vice versa!
I was the only surviving female of gen 2, the pseudo eve. I wonder if the butts inherited the Wolosyzks town?! They ended up dying out 4-5 hours ago. Butts in the second generation were being killed by Wolosyzks. I think either an eve wandered into our dying settlement and inherited it, after the early murder and grizzly bears got sorted out, and took over. The other possibility is that one of my Wolosyzk descendants wandered off and found a Butt camp just getting started, and had some family mingling as the Wolo tree died out. Very exciting either way to see continuity between my two family lines!

Wait. Wolosyzks?? I was a Wolosyzk! Well, my mother was. She didn't name me. Holy shit.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=280044

My god. I remember Nadia, and Azlan was the person my female relative appointed as farmer and my successor in that life. My female relative told me that we were the last two people in the Wolosyzk line. When I was dying, there were newcomers coming into town. One of them must have been Baby Butt. With a magnificent name like that, can't understand why ahah

Last edited by dana (2018-06-09 02:40:31)

#15 2018-06-09 02:51:41

Stankysteve

Let me get my post from missed connections in here

stankysteve wrote:

Glad to see the Woloszyk family is going strong! I was Bobby Wolosyzk, the only surviving female of gen 2. A pseudo eve, I got the camp started from the beginning. Momma Eve starved at middle age

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=279039

Once food income was sufficient I spent my elderly days telling the kids where stuff was in the area and making runs for wood to get our tools forged, which a child of mine was handling well. I've not been back in the family yet, not being an Eve, the lineage ban has barred me out. Are you all eating well? Are there sheep and composting yet? Don't catch a cold or have a heat stroke!

Love you Wolosyzks! You're all my beloved children. Grow, thrive, expand!

Edit: Looks like hungry bears (likely lured) into town and a couple of murderers killed the family tree after 12 generations. Yippee hmm

Edit: The Wolosyzks crossed paths with the Butt family - late in the wolosyzk tree, early in the butt tree (lol). I think the Butts may've taken over the camp after the Wolosyzks died out. I became Queeny Butt.

If the Wolosyzk settlement became the Butt's, I couldn't be any happier. I've never been able to confirm a camp of mine turned into a big fat town before. If this is truly the case, I'm proud, slightly of myself, but luck, and more importantly wonderful family, is the much bigger factor.

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-09 02:59:29)

#16 2018-06-09 02:58:44

karltown_veteran

Stankysteve wrote:

Oooo Tell me everything you know about Baby Butts! I just threw an edit on my last post, but I think I actually founded this town as a different family, the Wolosyzks. Baby Butt's name shows up in that tree, and I was the mother of all Wolosyzks. Not the Eve, but the only living female of Gen 2 -Bobby Wolosyzk. If we go way down the tree Baby Butt appears.

If we go way up the Butt tree (lol) we see Soccorro Wolosyzk, looks like he ended Baby Butt's killing spree, who killed several Wolosyzk and Butt alike.

It was the male baby butts not the female one, so not as interesting. I didn’t see much of him. I considered complimenting him on his name but he seemed quiet and moody. To this day I have no idea who he was, I only saw him once when I was a baby. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=280820

Last edited by karltown_veteran (2018-06-09 03:01:16)

#17 2018-06-09 03:01:01

karltown_veteran

Also, I was a Wolosyzk as well. Anna.

#18 2018-06-09 04:00:58

Stankysteve

Looks like the Butts are dead. RIP. I will bring them back.

#MakeButtsGreatAgain

#19 2018-06-09 04:02:25

Lotus

Woah. That’s nuts. I was named Sunshine and was the “mother” of Sandra and a boy called Ben. I was actually a guy who adopted unwanted children.

Crazy that all of this happened! And that Sunshine was a reoccurring name...

#20 2018-06-09 04:04:50

karltown_veteran

Lotus wrote:

Woah. That’s nuts. I was named Sunshine and was the “mother” of Sandra and a boy called Ben. I was actually a guy who adopted unwanted children.

Crazy that all of this happened! And that Sunshine was a reoccurring name...

Ma! I called my daughter Sunshine after you. Love you

#21 2018-06-09 04:06:01

karltown_veteran

Stankysteve wrote:

Looks like the Butts are dead. RIP. I will bring them back.

#MakeButtsGreatAgain

I’ll also bring butts back. With a collective effort and enough eves we can do it!

#22 2018-06-09 04:26:46

Lotus

I was convinced I was the Eve because I often name myself Butt. But one of my kids from a former life as a Butt must have taken the name.

Everyone thought I was crazy when I insisted I was the Eve.

Board footer