One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-03 13:35:06

thewhiterabbit21

Nameless mom (with son Eastan) who died too young from a boar

Dear Mama,

I was born into the wilderness. It was just you, me, and my big brother Eastan. You were nameless and you told me that you had run away from your town because there was a murderer. I resolved to ask you where that village was, once I was old enough to talk in more than 1 or 2 letters.

When I was 2 years old, you were gored by a boar and said, "Sorry bby," with your last breath. You had on some clothes, a backpack, and you had brought a few pies, a bowl, a basket, an axe, and a hoe. I went down to a desert area to get my temp at perfect in order to live long enough to be able to feed myself because Eastan was no where to be seen. And it worked!

I ate berries, onions, and pie as I farmed and built a forge. I had 6 kids - 5 girls and 1 boy. Three of the girls died as babies. They wandered off. The other two survived and had babies of their own. Sadly, my only son, Orion, died at 16. He was exploring and didn't have any food on him, I guess. Luna and Tulsi were faithful at working, having kids, and staying alive.

By the time I got old, we had a ton of plates, bowls, a crock pot, and the farm was growing. We had a lot of food. Mama, you picked a great spot near lots of soil, water, clay, and berry bushes.

Before I died I forged a stone hammer and then made an axe, since the one you brought had broken long ago.

As I contemplated death, I decided to give my clothes and backpack to my grandson, Hap. He seemed a capable chap. And looking back on the family tree, I see that he proved himself as he lived to 60.

And Mama, the family went on for 10 generations after me. I think we can call that a success. I can only imagine what it looked like in its heyday. But when I have some time, I will upload photos of what the village looked like when I was nearing 60. I also wonder if any of them found the village that you ran from.

-Your nameless bby smile
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=426814

P.S. Who would like to start a thread where we post screenshots of a specific village as it grows with each generation? The first to post one should be the Eve of that village before shoe dies and then the next should taken by her kid when it grows to at least 40 (you'll know it because that's when you get your first gray hair) and so on and so forth.

Last edited by thewhiterabbit21 (2018-07-03 13:41:38)

#2 2018-07-03 17:45:56

DJDisorder

Re: Nameless mom (with son Eastan) who died too young from a boar

Hey just noticed this post, think it was me!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=426420

Awesome work! I think it may have been Trinity I ran from, or one of the other big towns. I headed directly East from it hence your brothers name. Called him East but it came out Eastan.
I took the axe and cut trees along the route so some of us could have followed it back and pilfered loot from the hated town of old as we grew. But I obviously 'got hog cut' before I got to explain and got things up n running.

This game... It keeps on giving me big smile surprises! XD

Last edited by DJDisorder (2018-07-03 17:52:51)

#3 2018-07-03 18:48:31

thewhiterabbit21

Aw, that's awesome! I'm so glad you noticed my post! I found the screenshots that I took and I see that a granddaughter actually got my clothes and backpack. I thought I remembered giving it to Hap, but he may have given it to her instead. Anyway, I'm glad we beat the griefers. They probably starved themselves after they thought all the girls were dead and then were like, "D*** it!" When they saw the family tree site smile

Screen_Shot_2018_07_03_at_2_44_51_PM.png Screen_Shot_2018_07_03_at_2_45_09_PM.png

#4 2018-07-03 21:26:48

DJDisorder

Ah that's so cool, never get to see what happens after you die, I think your idea about a screen shot thread, similar to the Missed connections but with photos is a great one - Call it - Town Transformations big_smile

Board footer