One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-04 12:33:45

Leilani

Can sustainability be added to the tutorial?

I have been playing a few weeks and it's a really unique game!

I was trapping rabbits today and had a son. As soon as he was old enough to walk, he put a snare over a rabbit with no baby! I was able to tell him why that's a bad idea, but couldn't unsnare the hole, and now there's a dead hole. It wasn't super obvious to me as a new player that milkweed should only be picked at fruiting, etc.

Maybe don't even spell it out all the way, but make it clear that certain things could burn out a whole area. I try to teach my kids but sometimes I don't realize what they don't know.

#2 2018-07-04 12:42:36

TheRedBug

Re: Can sustainability be added to the tutorial?

Welcome on forums smile

I agree that those things arent obvious, especially the rabbit part (the milkweed isnt too bad anymore it never regrows, only for seeds now)

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#3 2018-07-04 12:43:53

tana

well it is part of the game, learn from our previous mistakes.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#4 2018-07-04 12:51:40

YAHG

Not a huge deal, you taught the lil bugger. The map will eventually reset that burrow with the tile once we die out in that area for too long.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#5 2018-07-04 13:01:58

Anshin

Learning opportunities is the point of the game. Nobody's perfect, but we all can learn.
It would be nice to be able to domesticate all wild animals eventually though. Make some harder (bears) than others (rabbits).

#6 2018-07-04 13:04:50

TheRedBug

Bears arent that hardto domesticate. I had a pet bear in game. Just stand on tiles with items, and you got yourself a friend.

I was a ermit in game before making myself a base outside the village, and the pet bear killed 6 people. I ended living to 51 years old, died from starvation (let myself die)

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#7 2018-07-04 14:09:43

Alleria

The 288 gen run had two bears - Shrek and Fiona. They were relatively tame. The question is, what do you want the tamed animals to do? Shrek and Fiona just sat there looking pretty, we didn't expect them to do any tricks.

In the Discord we suggested several ways to make rabbit trapping more noob proof. Unfortunately OP, your child's mistake has cost your civ tens to hundreds of rabbits in the long term.

Last edited by Alleria (2018-07-04 14:12:18)

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#8 2018-07-04 16:56:09

Anshin

Ah Shrek & Fiona. I was on a horse with a cart load of butt logs, and one of the bears ate me. This caused the game to make room for my bones, and forced the horse and cart into a sealed stone walled room with the FruitBoots sign... forever running back and forth with its butt logs and no way to set it free. That was a great run smile

Board footer