One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-27 03:27:27

SomeRandomPerson

Eve summoning

It's pretty sad when your last girl dies and it's only males left. I often see ppl opting to suicide or stating "an eve will come". Sometimes the Eve does come but by then everything has decayed.

What if you could make an object capable of summoning an Eve one time. Maybe that old monolith could be used. Or maybe one of those multiple Gen things like a bell tower, automatically triggers an Eve when the bloodline runs out of fertile women.

Or perhaps it's too cheaty or uneeded.

Last edited by SomeRandomPerson (2018-09-27 03:33:16)

#2 2018-09-27 06:29:14

helloworld

Re: Eve summoning

or you can make immigration a thing. https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4004

#3 2018-09-27 08:12:03

Dodge

Interesting idea, might be OP if not implemented well

Could be a shrine or temple that takes multiple generation to build, then you have to give the shrine a lot of ressources to spawn just one eve, but you shouldnt be able to mass build them, so using the monolith is a good idea

Also you couldnt mass make offerings to the shrine to spawn multiple eves, the shrine would finish cool down when the eve spawns at the shrine and only from this point you can make another offering to the shrine to spawn another eve

Would make it interesting if you had to give the shrine every food in the game to spawn another eve

Edit: gold would look nice on the monolith if it becomes a shrine

Last edited by Dodge (2018-09-27 08:14:37)

#4 2018-09-27 08:49:39

Glassius

Simpler would be to add sexual reproduction, like in my hugging idea (link in signature).

This way, town on only woman would be doomed the same as city of only males.

Immigration/summoning may be still an option though, but I think sexual breeding is better solution for described problems.

#5 2018-09-27 09:11:18

Dodge

@Glassius ok but usually everyone in a town is related so yikes, also eves are alone

#6 2018-09-27 09:23:22

Glassius

Dodge wrote:

@Glassius ok but usually everyone in a town is related so yikes, also eves are alone

1. This would be great. Kids from people too much related may have ugly faces. This cosmetic change would make people track family lines, put more attention on relations. Also, communication between cities would now be an urge.
2. Spawn first Adam, than Eve associated to it. The starting camp would be easier with 2 players.

Last edited by Glassius (2018-09-27 09:23:42)

#7 2018-09-27 09:34:23

Dodge

2. why not
1. im sure steam would be delighted by a game where u can "hug" ur relatives

But idea could be interesting if eves spawned closer, and we would have a way to sound signal the different small villages to find them then we could travel to different villages to have kids and diversify the gene pool

But it also seems like it's a fix to something that doesnt need fixing and  everyone would end up in the same village if we spawn too close

#8 2018-09-27 09:51:32

Glassius

This game allows for kid killing. I consider this a greater issue. Also, there are already many Game of Thrones universy games already on Steam. This would not be the issue. If it would be, "kissing" relatives may be disabled.

Still, I think it should be a part if the game, as this adds more drama, choices and an urge to find new villagers, fresh blood.

Or, it can be village will set up eguenic system to create cousins with so few relativity, they may have eventually a beautiful kid. Also fun, brutal, dramatic idea!

Summoning or finding other players may be tweaked later. For sure there will be greater need for it.

Eventually, I think also all animals should have sexual reproduction. Bring a bull to this beautiful cow!

#9 2018-09-27 12:41:17

Anshin

The easiest solution is to have the game check the mothers family tree. If there are no fertile females left other than the mother, then make the next baby female.

#10 2018-09-27 12:43:54

Glassius

This is deux ex machina. Family lines are supposed to fade away. Without challenge it would not be fun

But checking family tree might be useful. Lets enable ugly faces for incest in like 5th generation. Kids of Adam and Eva should not be punished for it.

Last edited by Glassius (2018-09-27 12:45:22)

#11 2018-09-27 23:00:55

Sovietico21

Glassius wrote:

This is deux ex machina. Family lines are supposed to fade away. Without challenge it would not be fun

But checking family tree might be useful. Lets enable ugly faces for incest in like 5th generation. Kids of Adam and Eva should not be punished for it.

Yes, stop with the hand holding updates please

#12 2018-09-28 00:58:43

Tarr
Banned

Lineages have to die out eventually but there should be some system in place to at leas guarantee one girl child born within your fertile years. I remember plenty of times where I was the last female of a village and ended up with seven boys which is a real garbage feeling.

At least during the whole ginger fiasco you only lost a village to murder/people refusing to live in ginger hell.

fug it’s Tarr.

#13 2018-09-28 05:23:21

Glassius

Do you remember multiple guides saying one fertile woman is enough and prevents overpopulation? This is a consequence smile A chance to have 7 boys born is 1/2^7 = 1/128. As you can see, in long enough run with "one fertile woman" strategy is like guarantee the lineage will fade because of boy spam.

This is a problem players should solve, not developer. Solutions are communication between settlements and bigger settlements with more breeding woman. Actually, Jason gave us recently tools so we can solve it on our own.

I believe the last can be achieved more easily with real families, where fathers are included in procreation.

#14 2018-09-28 07:07:10

Tarr
Banned

Regardless whether it is bad rng or not you shouldn't be screwed what gender your kids roll. 1/128 has happened enough to me that I realize how unlucky I am in the long run.

I can't magically make girls no matter what I am doing. I understand bad luck happens in the long run but I'd rather have my only girl suicide vs having all boys ending a line.

I personally can  feed every little girl I can see until childhood but the idea I need to stand around feeding a child until fertile age-sterile is absurd.

fug it’s Tarr.

#15 2018-09-29 02:45:02

daenerys

in the beginning when eves spawned close to towns most of the times we were often murdered for being baby machines.

#16 2018-09-29 07:05:32

WalrusesConquer

I know that most people would suicide, but I'd like that the eve you summoned would be slow or something and required being pulled in a wheelchair or Cart of some sort..
Just an extra layer of challenge to msje your village survive

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#17 2018-09-29 14:59:38

MultiLife

Remember to live to 60, people. It seems that Eves will be spawning where people have died at 60, in addition to spawning to their own old home markers.

Anyways I'm still with the party that wishes males would be just as necessary as females, but then lineages would probably die just double as fast as they do now, heh. But at least we have Eves.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#18 2018-09-29 16:58:17

Dodge

@multilife 60 eves dont spawn to their old home marker, they spawn at a random's person location at the moment they die of old age (anywhere on the server)

"It seems that Eves will be spawning where people have died at 60" Source?

#19 2018-09-29 18:54:30

MultiLife

Dodge wrote:

@multilife 60 eves dont spawn to their old home marker, they spawn at a random's person location at the moment they die of old age (anywhere on the server)

"It seems that Eves will be spawning where people have died at 60" Source?

Isn't that how it works anymore, was that changed completely? Eves who lived to 60 had a chance to spawn back to their old home markers, like I have spawned?
I do know they can now spawn where someone died too, thought the random people had to have reached 60 too to make their locations viable for Eve spawns. Do correct me if I'm wrong, I feel like there is too much hearsay. O_o

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-09-29 18:57:39)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

Board footer