One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-06 10:40:32

arkajalka

New meta: Organizing op

With the new player base the towns are getting huge quickly, but huge doesn't mean mean thriving.

Most of the time the towns are cluttered with anything you can imagine, cause people are grabbing random items and taking them wherever they happen to go. Lot's of carrots get seeded, milkweed seeds are overproduced, town is full of random branches in different sharp stone phases, bowls are filled with anything you can imagine. Now more than ever we need an organizer in town.

I spend few lifes just organizing stuff in big citys. Just hauling the stuff with same label to same place, getting the bones to the graveyard, making tharsh pits, flooring areas for labeled items(ie. woodworks area for logs, kindling and firewood) and making a chest there for the tools used for that type of items.

What i recodnized is that when things are organized they tend to keep that way, but if left laying around in random places the effect just doubles. Aka "broken window theory". Basicaly it means that leaving the stuff cluttered  creates an enviroment that encourages further cluttering and messynes. Also with things on place people can focus on the tasks that are needed to be done much more easily and the town starts to bloom.

Heres a link for the theory. Just replace the "crime" etc words with clutter and grieff.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

So fellow onelifers start to ORGANIZE!

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#2 2018-12-06 10:49:02

lionon

Re: New meta: Organizing op

I absolutely agree, and not wanting to sound sexist (sorry its in the game) but this is a job I like to do especially when born female, since you are always near town in case you give birth.

I only disagree with the trash pit. Thats waste of shovel. I just move the trash or "close to trash" stuff away about 2 screens from the town so it either can decay in peace or maybe someone finds a use for it afterall.

I also like to make boxes. Unfortunately someone will turn them into a cart sooner or later.

#3 2018-12-06 10:54:12

arkajalka

Re: New meta: Organizing op

lionon wrote:

I absolutely agree, and not wanting to sound sexist (sorry its in the game) but this is a job I like to do especially when born female, since you are always near town in case you give birth.

I only disagree with the trash pit. Thats waste of shovel. I just move the trash or "close to trash" stuff away about 2 screens from the town so it either can decay in peace or maybe someone finds a use for it afterall.

I also like to make boxes. Unfortunately someone will turn them into a cart sooner or later.

Make em chest with a lid and they can't be turned into carts, also thrash pits are only for town with high iron influx.

Organizing a town is a in game story of ugly duckling. In one generation a shit hole can turn into paradise.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

Board footer