One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-01 00:41:02

Lightning

In regards to the influx of new players during sales

Seeing how we have, a few weeks ago, had a decent steam sale, and following now the current autumn steam sales, one can wonder:

Shouldn't there be in place, during sale's events concerning OHOL, a pip bonus applied to all the foods in game during these periods, to compensate for the large amounts of clueless players coming into the game?

It's no secret that the sales causes servers casual player base, mainly the bigserver2 now, to become  overwhelmed in seconds by the influx of new players, leaving most casual players responsable of at least sustaining 3 whole individuals, in a life that probably is already complicated to keep playing yourself since it is hard to make much progress in those times.

Theres some players that even decide not to play during sales because the servers becomes such a mess that they become just unenjoyable to play, not that they're to blame for leaving. The real question is why people even bother to play during those periods of time.

So why not implement a food bonus during sale times?

That way it would encourage people to play in these population booms aswell as giving players time  to actually teach those new players the game properly.

Afterall we have already had this mechanic in place during certain periods of time before and it worked somewhat well.

The only problem i could see is how hard it could be or easy for that matter, for Jason to implement it back into the game, is it like an game engine  coding like change or easy as pulling a switch kinda change.

Anyways i would like to know your thoughts about the matter, and of course what the dev of the game thinks about this suggestion.

Cheers big_smile

#2 2020-12-01 01:13:33

StrongForce

Re: In regards to the influx of new players during sales

In private servers its just a single number do change
So its very easy

Baby dance!!

#3 2020-12-01 02:03:02

Spoonwood

Re: In regards to the influx of new players during sales

Lightning wrote:

Theres some players that even decide not to play during sales because the servers becomes such a mess that they become just unenjoyable to play, not that they're to blame for leaving.  The real question is why people even bother to play during those periods of time.

Also, one's leader board position can drop or plummet during a sale or other high promotional period by playing much.  In order to have a leader board position, one has to have played once in the last 24 hours.  But, that's about the only motivating factor I can think of to play during a sale.  And, I think that the smart way to maintain one's position on the leader board lies in playing once a day on a server with at least 15 players on it, and that's it.  Preferably a server with not too many players on it, as I wrote about elsewhere.  Though, one can play on a server with at least 15 players on it, and then when one's character dies, one doesn't get any gene score change, since the server no longer has 15 players on it.

I am assuming that one has a decent gene score to have a somewhat high position on the leader board, of course.  If one is the world's oldest /die baby, this sort of advice doesn't apply, since one has more of a follower position anyways.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

Board footer