One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-04-26 10:28:15

Drakulon

Re: On a related note to people typing "666"

stickyflypaper wrote:

Maybe Jason is designing some bots to replace all the players he keeps losing.

Its a funny idea, but why would he make the bots say 666?
Maybe its a genius plan to troll the most people possible. He is afraid of making more updates that would annoy people,
thats why he is changing tactics and now makes silly bots that say 666 to let it look like an outside person did it.

TrustyWay wrote:

We learn on discord that they start moving, maybe they are learning, maybe they are trying to kill everyone.

Interesting to watch, i think i need to make a discord account smile

#27 2018-04-26 10:31:14

Tronilla

i think its a learning program to see if he can make npc that can play the game so we have wars vs bots it will be fun if we can make weapons and armor like in the old days like vikings. greek or rom

#28 2018-04-26 10:32:13

TrustyWay

Everyone is migrating to 2HOL, even hard defenders of jason start leaving and join other games, other servers. Around 88-90% of the players don't play more since the update

#29 2018-04-26 10:39:00

Drakulon

Tronilla wrote:

i think its a learning program to see if he can make npc that can play the game so we have wars vs bots it will be fun if we can make weapons and armor like in the old days like vikings. greek or rom

This is very positive thinking, i like it, but....
Why does he not test that on a private server? why do the bots say 666?
Why did he not tell anyone about this?
Also, its alot of work to make a bot like that and i dont think he has that much time right now.

#30 2018-04-26 10:47:45

Tronilla

Drakulon wrote:
Tronilla wrote:

Also, its alot of work to make a bot like that and i dont think he has that much time right now.

i don't think he use a private server for testing he need to have the bot working beside us to learn to do stuff and ea time it get smarter. he dont have to put work in to a learning bot it will learn it self. But it have to do it by try and error the bot need to try it million of time to get to where it can farm

i think it say 666 to let us know its a bot nothing more and it can be a hint to apocalypse

most game dev don't show what there are doing in the background that is why he is not telling

Last edited by Tronilla (2018-04-26 10:50:03)

#31 2018-04-26 11:01:29

pein

well can do harm, i dont make presumptions but so far:
general players feed this kids which takes away food ofc, maybe they got questions/answers to find out stuff, like your login details
i read it before see it so didnt even bother feeding, didnt see their patterns, maybe they can find the closest food spot and eat it
if you born to them you die, this can kill entire generations

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#32 2018-04-26 11:32:22

Drakulon

Tronilla wrote:
Drakulon wrote:
Tronilla wrote:

i don't think he use a private server for testing he need to have the bot working beside us to learn to do stuff and ea time it get smarter. he dont have to put work in to a learning bot it will learn it self. But it have to do it by try and error the bot need to try it million of time to get to where it can farm

i think it say 666 to let us know its a bot nothing more and it can be a hint to apocalypse

most game dev don't show what there are doing in the background that is why he is not telling

Haha, that would be awsome, machine learning is great smile
The bots could evolve and evolve until they are better than the best human players.
Than you can let the bots do all the annoying tasks and you just focus on whatever you want.
But maybe at some point the bots will realize that some humans grief / play bad and they will start killing them.
They might evolve their own special code word (maybe 666?) and if you dont say it as soon as you are born they kill you big_smile

#33 2018-04-26 12:09:44

Drakulon

Uhhhhh, I just found an interesting review: http://onehouronelife.com/reviewServer/ … ew&id=3160

Santan wrote:

Embrace my kids or get punished.
autoSprintf("User away from keyboard. Machines took over.");
myExistance = false;

apocalypseCounterBroken = true;
generationCounterBroken = true;
onlinetimeCounterBroken = true;
--TODO: failcraftsCounterBroken = true

Looking for new targets. Please provide.

D
E
A
L

W
I
T
H

I
T

P.S.
Game sold as finished product with weekly content DLCs.
Reality: game breaking updates at least once a week (sometimes even crashing servers) followed by few days of hotfixes.

Might be fake, but i think we found the real guy smile

#34 2018-04-26 15:07:18

kubassa
Banned

Drakulon wrote:
kubassa wrote:
Drakulon wrote:

If this is a bot, jason can just look up who is typing "666" constantly and then just ban that account, right?
I dont understand why you would write a bot that is so obvious.

Why?

Hes not doing anything wrong. Oh you don't like it. Better ban him. SMH.

No you misunderstood me, i never said that i dont like it.
But I dont know any game that would allow botting? Does OHOL allow botting?

Do you know it is a bot as FACT, or are you just assuming? Either way you have no idea who the person is or what he is doing. Move on and stop trying to be a 'game police' and play the game. Move out of FOV and you can't see what he is typing. No bother to anyone.

I got huge ballz.

#35 2018-04-26 15:32:06

Turnipseed

Babipoki wrote:

Intended game feature

Its herobrine

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#36 2018-04-26 16:01:36

powa

The vast majority of the 666, aka Satant, lives are undoubtedly bots.

They clearly exist on all low pop servers seemingly non-stop.  You will most likely spawn as baby to them (unless they are on child phase of their life).

The vast majority behave the same way, moving a lil bit in regular intervals and doing nothing else besides spewing 666 when old enough (and 6 or 66 till then).

To counter, simply respawn in a server until you spawn as Eve or to a non Satant.

Maybe hacking the client to allow faster respawning (without having to exit the game and reload everything) would be nice.

Btw you can logon to multiple servers with one key.  I just tested it by copying my game folder and running two instances.  On Linux, you don't even have to have multiple game copies to do it.

#37 2018-04-26 16:09:08

Smackum1

powa wrote:

Btw you can logon to multiple servers with one key.  I just tested it by copying my game folder and running two instances.  On Linux, you don't even have to have multiple game copies to do it.

Thats good to know. My biggest concern was account key compromise. I must have tried to run it from the same game folder when I tried.

#38 2018-04-26 16:09:43

JS

Smackum1 wrote:

Well they do seem to be less harmful than many of the players that I've come across.

You know too much the truth. wink

#39 2018-04-26 19:54:37

Santan

Smackum1 wrote:

So, they either spoofed or skimmed or whatever the account keys. So, I am unsure if banning the account key would work.

You can't ban the Santan himself. Do you really want to go to hell?
Don't worry though. No keys were skimmed nor spoofed.

#40 2018-04-27 01:41:09

Eve-rlastingGamer

Smackum1 wrote:

Well they do seem to be less harmful than many of the players that I've come across.

+1 Sad but true.

Board footer