One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-07-28 12:20:04

FoxySlyPaw

Playing the Game with a Friend - Respawn Together at Last Death Locati

Hi everyone
I wanna play this game with my friend, just the two of us, and we were wondering if it's possible to respawn together at the location of our last death. Is there any way to achieve this in the game?
Also, we're curious if it's possible to set up a private server within the game. It would be great to have a private space where we can explore and enjoy the game together.
Any advice or information on these aspects would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

#2 2023-07-28 12:37:11

Brohop

Re: Playing the Game with a Friend - Respawn Together at Last Death Locati

If you both wanna keep spawning at the same place you both will need to /die till you are both eves and then meet up together somewhere. If you are eve and die at 60 u will spawn back and same place and be able to eve chain. Another option is have one person be eve and the other person to die till getting born to that eve.

As for setting up a server i only know its possible but not how, the game is open source so if you have the know how you could make your own ohol variant however you please.

#3 2023-07-28 12:52:29

FoxySlyPaw

If both eves die, will the game progress be lost

#4 2023-07-28 13:49:07

selalov734

#5 2023-07-28 14:00:47

Brohop

If both eves die u will need to walk to find back ur spot, id suggest settling on or near the edge of 2 biomes then its pretty easy to find back, ull just have to find the border of the 2 biomes and walk east till u hit home.

Also do not so this on server one, if bigserver 2 is full excess players will be sendt to server one and it might move eve spawn far from your base. If you dont visit the place for too long it mind end up getting wiped.

If only one of you dies that person will still have to walk back, or chose to be born as a baby to the eve thats still there.

Im currently playing on a low pop server myself, so i could show you and your friend the ropes sometime if you guys got discord.

Last edited by Brohop (2023-07-28 14:03:02)

#6 2023-07-28 17:38:54

Strilar

Just two additional notes:

If two players want to be born and spawn together, they can do it simply by being born as twins in any server by using the [ friends ] and both inputting the same twin code.

To spawn back naturally on your previous family there are two requirements for that to happen naturally:
1) you need to die of old age (60)
2) you need to have descendants alive (daughter, granddaughter, niece, etc) in that family so you can be born as their kid.

#7 2023-09-11 07:05:45

Hope

I think it's quite easy to setup a private server and it will be the most elegant solution to your needs. The detailed how-to is posted by Jason in post: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=112
If you only have a windows machine, it is possible to install a virtual machine to run Linux. The tutorials are numerous online.

#8 2023-10-14 20:50:31

forman

You can set your server statically in the settings.
On servers numbered 3 or greater, when you die of old age, you respawn on top of your body.

This does not work on server 2 (and possibly other servers so be careful)

Your friend can set their server to be statically the same as you and should birth as your child.

Subsequently, you will birth as their child once you die or spawn on top if you die before you can have  a child

#9 2023-10-20 21:23:56

spad

Yeah there are plenty of servers you can use to play with friend solo and respawn where you die (only natural death of old age I think),

list here : http://onehouronelife.com/reflector/ser … ion=report

Board footer