One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-11 06:04:23

pein

Duncy

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=304223

i was sherry, all i got from mom is a name, she starved before i made bowls and run back to her

i had kids, kept the ones who dont moved

one was dancing so i called her duncy, she shot a goose and then me cause "i gave a bad name"
seriously idiot people

my son took the first pack, we had not much rabbits closeby

they starved sitting on a watered carrot farm

had a white girl, called her albino cause we were all brown

after making two kilns getting 4 iron idiot bitch shots me at 47, i could of made tools but no its sooo fun killing someone who fed you rather than dropping you on a snake, she was running around in desert so it was good temp but i gonna kill any kid who cant stand in place, silent, on one single tile, cause this kind of idiots they become

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2018-06-11 06:20:24

Realcooldude

Re: Duncy

Thats my rule. I tell them when they pop out "if you move you die" if they dont get that then not worth my time.

#3 2018-06-11 14:15:14

Lotus

What’s wrong with moving?

#4 2018-06-11 14:34:35

BlackPaladin

Moving uses energy, so you have to eat more. Usually it's fine to move as a baby is if your mom places you on a tile that's cold, and the tile next to it has a heat index more towards the center, but more experienced players tend to know which tile in their town is best for heat when they do place you.

#5 2018-06-11 15:17:57

pein

yepp, perfect spot is usually under my kiln, i even give you a tour, then you are a potted plant, if you step into cold, you might die until i arrive, or if you ask feeding early i might die, i wont, cause i wont feed you twice in 5 sec

next up just for the sake, if you move in desert tiles means you cant listen to your mom as baby, later will be worse

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2018-06-11 16:29:32

Stankysteve

Lotus wrote:

What’s wrong with moving?

Every time a breastfeeder picks you up, they lose a bar of hunger. If you maintain perfect temperature, you've got over a minute, even as a freshly fed newborn, before you need to feed again. Following mom around saying F and making her pick you up more is a gargantuan waste of food. Either stay in her arms or  on a warm tile while she (hopefully) stays busy and productive.

Never jump out of mom's (or nurse's) arms. She will waste more hunger picking you back up. A common sentiment of expierienced players is to leave the wrigglers.
If your mom says stay, stay. But don't be afraid to go to spot ON SCREEN AND IN SIGHT OF MOTHER that offers perfect temp.

I always put my kids down on such a tile. If they leave and follow me I yell at them and explain why I did what I did. Maybe they didn't know? Maybe they'll never know unless someone tells em. Just letting them starve and learn nothing is a bit cruel. As least give them the nugget of knowledge they desperately need to make thing a little easier for them (and you) next time.

BlackPaldin is incorrect. Movement does not use calories. But staying on a tile thats too hot or cold, or forcing your mother to pick you up too much is a BIG calorie waster.

Conversely, don't be a dumb mom, either hold your children or put them on a perfect temp tile. Seeing moms who pick up children every ten seconds at a campfire makes me cry inside.

#7 2018-06-11 16:41:11

Stankysteve

BlackPaladin wrote:

Moving uses energy, so you have to eat more.

False.

Usually it's fine to move as a baby is if your mom places you on a tile that's cold, and the tile next to it has a heat index more towards the center, but more experienced players tend to know which tile in their town is best for heat when they do place you.

True.

Temp run. Stand on tile with temperature perfectly in middle. Like a campfire in a green biome, or a tile on edge of desert. TEmp does not update until your character rests on a new tile, at which point the updated info on temperature and calorie consumption will then be applied after. So what do you do? Never stop moving, your temp (and with it, calorie consumption) will not update. You can travel relatively far without needing to stop and eat. It's often better to keep running then to stop and eat. Sure you might get 6 hunger from that berry you stopped to eat, but now your hunger bars only last a few seconds now since you lost your warm temp, as opposed to the twenty seconds they lasted prior while warm. You will lose most of that hunger you gained by stopping to eat a berry by the time you would've lost ONE point of hunger if you had not stopped moving.

So how do we use this? As a baby? Explore home! Good moms are often busy and can't give every child a full tour. You can walk around camp for 30-50 seconds safely as a newborn fed baby with perfect temp. And that goes up rapidly with each bar of hunger. Not only will moms not be overfeeding you by picking you up every ten seconds  at the fire(Often with multiple moms repeatedly picking up other kids, including the ones the other moms just fed) you'll also be getting a huge leg up on productivity for your lifetime. By the time you hit working age you can know where most important location are in a settlement.

How many times have you just been raised at a campfire, with no tour, only to be told to farm and get dropped off there by mom, with no idea where water, compost, or any of the supplies to make compost are. I can't understate how much doing this saves food and increases your own productivity, and often with that, a town's food supply, down the road!!

And use it always when doing chores. Running for reeds, iron, wood? Leave from a campfire or desert edge tile, you'll go through dramatically less food on the trip. Use it to survive famine waves. Use it to flee from murderers and start your family anew.

#8 2018-06-11 21:15:06

pein

even if you drop a kid on a perfect temp tile, then pick up, his temp stays the same, as he didnt move
or you put wood in fire, but before it was fed or moved, and fire goes off, temp changes so you need to pick up
if fire goes off but didnt move same temp
also if you drop in a cold tile she stays cold, so dont do that
only if you want to kidnap someone, drop on cold and take him/her far

Board footer