One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-06-13 19:40:06

Verte

Re: Bye all - griefers won

Griefer or not griefer, that is not the question.

Yesterday, I had a very bad life in a small settlement because of one person who wanted at all cost to avoid murder in our family. I had a simple goal : to make a saw for wheels and buckets, and I told everyone, him in particular, what my plan was. I spent ages gathering iron, making bow and arrow far in the wild and coming back with the goose to oil the file, EXPLAINING THAT I HAD HIDDEN BOW AND ARROW VERY FAR. At the last second, this person turned my blade blank into a f** key ! There was no iron left. I let myself starve in front of the forge (having said a very rude word in my language)...
Sad, bitter evening. I was about to swear to myself that I would never play again.

Today I spent three hours playing with nice people, teaching, cooking, crafting, collaborating, sharing exquisite meals, cuddling lambs and butchering sheeps... Each time ending my game with a large smile in my face.

The flaw of this game is that it is a MULTIPLAYER game. People are annoying, to say the less. Griefers are annoying, rude people are annoying, roleplaying people are annoying, noobs are annoying, "pro" players are annoying, etc.
But at the same time, people are the reason why we have such a rich and colorfull and unique and touching experience whith OHOL. Most of the time.

I mean, I feel sometimes what you feel, scOrp (and anyone downhearted by multiplayer reasons). But please come back and try again, maybe next time you will be lucky and happy again.
See you around a berry bush!

#27 2018-06-13 20:17:56

Glassius

sc0rp wrote:
Rose wrote:

Even better if we could use all those stones and sticks only to kill the killer.

Definitely not.  Or you have to provide some other defence against griefing for early camps.  For example I had a griefer in 2nd gen camp (practically 1st - Eve just found the place, I've setup everything else there).  Girefer just picked up rabbit bones and littered all over the place making any work difficult - it's just two clicks per tile, way more to cleanup, as you have to find empty distant one. Hard to eat, as you have no free tile to put down thing you are holding.  No bow yet and she first stole all milkweed I've planted

Man, you just described why we need more tools to act as weapons. You tried to make weapon on your own? Griefer prevented you from it. If a few farmers agreed and him a few times, it would be a great warning.

Of course, untill you are the worshipper of ideology: I have weapon good, others bad smile

#28 2018-06-13 22:51:12

sc0rp

Glassius wrote:

Man, you just described why we need more tools to act as weapons. You tried to make weapon on your own? Griefer prevented you from it. If a few farmers agreed and him a few times, it would be a great warning.

Yea, that's what I've proposed one post above it:
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … 322#p18322

Glassius wrote:

Of course, untill you are the worshipper of ideology: I have weapon good, others bad smile

Nah, I'm just searching for a way to have wars with other towns/tribes.  Not mass killings within families.

Board footer