One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-28 00:51:17

Leilani

Eve calling device?

Two playthroughs today ended the same way: Mom died or got too old, and there was only surviving boys. I was young both times, but there is just no point to finishing the life when there are no girls. If we knew there was a way to get an Eve to our camp, that would definitely make it worth it to attempt to continue the playthrough to try to call an Eve.

Maybe the summoned Eve could spawn as an infant, meaning that the males will have to find a way to keep her alive, and she would have the last name of the male who summoned her? It just seems like there needs to be something to make it worthwhile for solo males to keep going.

#2 2018-07-28 00:53:38

Neo

Re: Eve calling device?

You got two options, Preferably you should do both .

1. Build a bell tower,  This is hard because it makes multiple generations to complete. But ringing it tells everyone without a homemarker set where your towns at, Potentially migrants might come. It's sort of a long shit since other towns if any are usually lifetimes away. It's a long shot.

2. Set your homemarker and die of OLD AGE. This will probably cause an Eve to appear at some point.

Last edited by Neo (2018-07-28 01:00:45)

#3 2018-07-28 01:29:04

Anshin

Neo wrote:

Set your homemarker and die of OLD AGE. This will probably cause an Eve to appear at some point.

Does this actually work? I wish it did. It would be nice to know the next Eve gets to benefit from your camp.

#4 2018-07-28 01:33:24

Neo

Anshin wrote:
Neo wrote:

Set your homemarker and die of OLD AGE. This will probably cause an Eve to appear at some point.

Does this actually work? I wish it did. It would be nice to know the next Eve gets to benefit from your camp.

Yeah, You know when Eves spawn in ruins. That's because someone with a home marker died of old age at some point.

Dunno if it always works but I've seen plenty of Eves repopulate dead towns.

#5 2018-07-28 01:55:53

Mirelli

I’ve been spawning in abandoned towns the past few days. Most of the time I see a bunch of decayed clothing and baskets/carts but yesterday I actually stumbled upon a FRESH grave. Its 100% possible that an Eve will find the most recent dead town

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#6 2018-07-28 02:07:15

Turnipseed

Mirelli wrote:

I’ve been spawning in abandoned towns the past few days. Most of the time I see a bunch of decayed clothing and baskets/carts but yesterday I actually stumbled upon a FRESH grave. Its 100% possible that an Eve will find the most recent dead town

I stumbled into one with a kiln firing yesterday, but my kids were dumb...

The one that seemed smart starved humping a pot of stew

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#7 2018-07-28 02:41:22

Baker

Turnipseed wrote:
Mirelli wrote:

hahaha, You think it was redbug. He sure likes stew alot.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#8 2018-07-28 02:43:08

Turnipseed

Baker wrote:
Turnipseed wrote:
Mirelli wrote:

Nahhh hes smart enough to use a bowl...

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#9 2018-07-28 03:14:30

Anigamer

Baker my sister in one game said she was going to steal my hat when I die
She wore it for about five minutes and died of old age
We had fun together like when she ate a mushroom and thought she broke the game

"You'll be prying this hat off my cold dead head"
My last words
"I sure as hell will be" My sisters last words to me

#10 2018-07-28 04:51:37

adrian010886

I was the last male alive and was almost ready to take my life before I heard the "POP" of an eve in the dead center of my little town.....Lets just say I took on the role as Butler for the Turner Family and had an amazing time serving their family. Best life so far. Stick it out till the end of your life, you never know what surprises the game may throw your way.

#11 2018-07-28 13:05:24

Catfive

Young but one of only 3 males and no females left. I loaded up a cart with a ton of stuff and headed out to see if I could find another settlement. I eventually stumbled across a very small eve setup and was able to boost it with a basket of pies, steel axe, 2* rope, froe, mallet, hoe as well as basket & backpack. Took me forever to find it and I was old after finding a deserted town to restock on route.

It must have been a godsend getting these in the early days for her, hope she did well. I died after scouting the area a bit for her and prepping them with firewood/branches.

One of my more fun hours smile

#12 2018-07-28 16:30:28

MultiLife

Neo wrote:
Anshin wrote:
Neo wrote:

Yeah, You know when Eves spawn in ruins. That's because someone with a home marker died of old age at some point.

Dunno if it always works but I've seen plenty of Eves repopulate dead towns.

Oh wow I hope it works! One more way to say "screw you griefers", as the towns may basically never die no matter how they try! big_smile In my latest Eve Gala run, I had an amazing location (biome and resource wise) and the family got to gen 8 (death by griefer) but I died to old age with my marker set so I hope someone plops in there, the town is probably in an amazing state as it already was when my Eve life ended.

I did see an Eve spawn in the middle of a city where I was growing as the last girl with my brothers, the Eve spawned right by a berry farm at the edge of my vision. It was so funny to see her appear, name herself and start doing things.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#13 2018-07-30 07:46:04

FeverDog

Yesterday I was the last survivor in a sheep town.  I was a young male when the last female died but I kept the berry bushes going and made some new compost for the hell of it.  Just before dying of old age--like one or two minutes before--an Eve showed up.  Hooray! 

Died and then hit rebirth.  Was born to that Eve!  But since I was born male she ignored me and I died.  Thanks for nuttin' lady.

#14 2018-07-30 08:05:00

annjust

Catfive wrote:

I eventually stumbled across a very small eve setup and ...

Wow, that's amazing, she must surprised, if you are younger , you can help more things maybe.
I never met another eve in my lifes.

#15 2018-07-30 09:13:20

TheRedBug

Turnipseed wrote:
Baker wrote:
Turnipseed wrote:

Nahhh hes smart enough to use a bowl...

I would hump stew all day but i wouln't starve from that

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#16 2018-07-30 09:14:40

TrustyWay

"Kill boys"

#17 2018-07-30 09:41:23

Catfive

3 of us, last generation, all males. They're ready to respawn instead when I tell them there is a chance if we die out form old age a new eve may come so we spend our time making sure it's a heaven for a new eve and before we all die - pop - an eve shows up and we spend our last years getting her established.

Interestingly we were unrelated males to each other as well.

I was Hank, She asked me to name her first girl 'Spring' - kind of a cool session smile

Board footer