One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-17 01:21:02

Mad_Villager

Founding a religion

I was born in a family called "Weed". My mother named me sparkles, i was her first born and she took well care of me. The place i was born in had just got some tools and a farm going. The village was very productive surprisingly and was trying to prosper. I worked on farm until adulthood.

Then i had a brilliant idea of building something and luckly there were a lot of "Big hard rocks" around just waiting to be digged by some low teir peasant. So i got to work and started to dig up these rocks, once i had done some digging a "random" dude came along and helped me cut these stones and that random dude was my son. When everything was cutt (like 10 rocks) he asked me what i was building, so as an buildoholic my quick reaction was an utterly useless hospital.
My genius son said we should make a church so we started to haul everything.

When the farms had a water/dirt crisis i was building and when the walls were done my son left me. For all i know he was just talking about this church and the religion while i made the floors. (Wooden floor with one tile of stone in upper middle serving as a praying/offering place.)

When the tempel/church was done there were 4 people just spamming praying and religous words (haummmmm). But i spent 35 ish years to make that tempel so i was old so i wished only for the graveyard to be tended and that i have a tombstone.

Before i died there were a lot of prayers going the the suicidal babies and seeking a prophet. I can only hope the best of this religion but i am pretty sure it probally made more conflicts than it helped.

This game...

#2 2018-08-17 05:05:16

SweetMamaSun

Re: Founding a religion

Wow! This is kind of cool! I like the idea of culture and religious/philosophical beliefs developing.

#3 2018-08-17 05:14:43

Neo

Mad_Villager wrote:

I can only hope the best of this religion but i am pretty sure it probally made more conflicts than it helped.

Hahaha, Sounds like a real religion.

#4 2018-08-17 10:26:49

Aria

Weed family?! Was it this family line? http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=879583

I loved that little camp, am glad you guys survived as long as you did. Oh and incase you see this ma, I did bury you in a lovely spot by a tree just north of our little village smile

#5 2018-08-17 16:31:01

Lotus

I was Tea Weed. The "third" member in your religious cult wink

I was the one who had like ten kids, all of which suicided. The Weed family died due to famine, the lack of girls drove everybody to stop working. Everyone always commented on how much my name sucked. That's what I was remembered by. Baby suicide and sucky name.

Glad to see the space crab religion made its way onto the forums.

#6 2018-08-17 17:05:12

Lotus

Also, I have a screenshot, but I have no idea how to post it. hmm
Last time I used my Imgur account to post it, but I got so many hate comments it drove me insane. It was a picture of a man marking a grave. I don't know why everyone hated it. Anyway, do you know how I can post it?

#7 2018-08-17 17:32:38

Mad_Villager

Lotus wrote:

Also, I have a screenshot, but I have no idea how to post it. hmm
Last time I used my Imgur account to post it, but I got so many hate comments it drove me insane. It was a picture of a man marking a grave. I don't know why everyone hated it. Anyway, do you know how I can post it?

Dont know why anyone would be mad of an Imgur post. Just post it as you did before and that should be fine smile

#8 2018-08-17 23:11:25

Auner

Wow you know- Temple development-- or a place of worship is a pretty interesting/intriguing idea--- it could condone to more folklore and mythology.

As stated in the stop grief thread- I do think it's really important to not try to represent anyone's religion- not only would it piss off people, but it would make players feel preached to.

While weed as a religion is funny--- It could be kind of seen as an attempt to represent Rastafarianism.   While I think it's totally fine if a village of people want to call it the weed religion, the Jesus Religion, Buddhism- WHATEVER-- as long as the implementation of such does not suggest in-game what direction society should go and zero help in giving anyone a clue XD

Once upon a time there was a lizard who wanted to be a dragon...

#9 2018-08-17 23:12:27

Auner

Also I can't help myself

"I THOUGHT I SAW YOU TRY"

"LOSING MY RELIGION!!!!"

Once upon a time there was a lizard who wanted to be a dragon...

#10 2018-08-18 08:28:18

The_Llamacorn

Whoa, I remember when people where making religions all the time a while ago, never really took off and all of them died out after a while like the mushroom religion, the penguin religion, the spider religion etc.

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#11 2018-08-18 10:28:08

jord1990

We've had holy wars of the 1 carroters vs carrot farmers with different believes. in the end jason ended the holy war by making carrot seeding use up soil. which decimated the 1 carroters

#12 2018-08-18 10:44:49

Joriom
Website

jord1990 wrote:

We've had holy wars of the 1 carroters vs carrot farmers with different believes. in the end jason ended the holy war by making carrot seeding use up soil. which decimated the 1 carroters

Thats how god punishes blasphemy!

Board footer