One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-20 00:28:57

Leilani

Nameless daughter of cursed mother

I was born in a big town with a road. The first thing I noticed was that my mom, Bear IV, had black text. She picked me up and ran into a locked building. She told me that there were too many knives in the town and people were killing everyone, but we were safe. I asked, "Y cursed?" and she said it's because she killed griefers. I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. When I was a toddler, she ran me north to a safe place at the end of the road, where I milked cows and tended the berries for a while until I had my own daughter, who I named Betsy. At that point I noticed my mom forgot to name me, oh well. Right after I had my second daughter, Amy, my mom came back and Betsy went nuts when she saw my mom's black text. I said, "It's ok, she's not bad." Mom tried to tell her too, even gave her clothes and a pack. But Betsy got a knife somehow and killed my mom. A guy in the town saw it and killed Betsy. My mom gave me the key to her house with her dying breath.

Eventually, griefers killed whoever didn't die of old age, and I think when I died it was pretty much me and my lineage left. I had IRL stuff at 53 years of age, so I had to starve away. It was an interesting life. And it turns out that my lineage continued for a while.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=905229

#2 2018-08-20 05:03:21

Trick

Re: Nameless daughter of cursed mother

Leilani wrote:

I was born in a big town with a road. The first thing I noticed was that my mom, Bear IV, had black text. She picked me up and ran into a locked building. She told me that there were too many knives in the town and people were killing everyone, but we were safe. I asked, "Y cursed?" and she said it's because she killed griefers. I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. When I was a toddler, she ran me north to a safe place at the end of the road, where I milked cows and tended the berries for a while until I had my own daughter, who I named Betsy. At that point I noticed my mom forgot to name me, oh well. Right after I had my second daughter, Amy, my mom came back and Betsy went nuts when she saw my mom's black text. I said, "It's ok, she's not bad." Mom tried to tell her too, even gave her clothes and a pack. But Betsy got a knife somehow and killed my mom. A guy in the town saw it and killed Betsy. My mom gave me the key to her house with her dying breath.

Eventually, griefers killed whoever didn't die of old age, and I think when I died it was pretty much me and my lineage left. I had IRL stuff at 53 years of age, so I had to starve away. It was an interesting life. And it turns out that my lineage continued for a while.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=905229

Betsy is the hero of this story.

#3 2018-08-20 05:26:03

pein

i was there twice

first i got back the sheep, completed the big pen to left, and got back a few goose
it was pretty bad condition, i got a few saplings planted, then got a few packs and snares back on horse
gave one to a girl she tried get back sheep
there was 2 boxes with A key, bot left room i or J

we were planting milkweed i made rope, she made bow told her no need, got the sheep back from escaped ones
made compost and explored a bit

the pen was made by me or part of it, remembered the fence near it, but the whole road and stuff was new, was weird

there was a small camp to left as well, took a shovel back and made 2 hoes, we had two complete files and 2 file blanks, and a lot of duplicates, and a lot of bows

next life mom was very new but alive to 18, when i was born and my lil sis, sis died at 4
seriously she was fighting for clothing but cant eat in a huge city

people fucked up my hoes and berry went languishing

a guy killed my mom, i accidentally killed wrong guy and  was shot by purvi on cooldown, i could of just move out
thought i was last girl, as i see the tree kinda, one girl quit at 19 with a daughter and other was having boys only

but peopel are assholes, live 60 years and lock everything up, clothes, rooms and i havent seen any progress since my first run

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2018-08-20 05:40:19

WomanWizard

This is a sad story, and I'm glad you had a good time with your mom, but keep in mind that cursed griefers can and will act innocent when they are born with black speech, then going on a killing rampage once they have everyone's trust. If you give a cursed child a chance, at the very least keep weapons secured, and keep an eye on them.

But it's really just better to stab them and not risk it. I'm with Betsy on this one.

#5 2018-08-20 09:20:23

Amber

Bear IV was my daughter, i didn't know she was cursed until she was able to pick up things and was calling me mom.  My other son let me know next time to kill curse babies on the spot.  I had around 3 knifes in my bag by the time i became old and anyone could have easily swapped their bag with mine. Ty son Naama for the tips.

Why didn't i stab my child with a knife? I have yet to stab anyone in the game. 

Bear in our town for sure killed people though.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=904722

#6 2018-08-20 22:12:12

Leilani

If it was a cursed kid, I wouldn't let it live. I figured that if I got on my mom's good side, she might give me the key to her nice house with lots of food and useful equipment. That was better than her hiding it and me having to spend my whole life trying to make new keys. Betsy meant well, but got killed because she wasn't smart enough to wait until there were no witnesses.

#7 2018-08-21 06:58:02

Joriom
Website

Leilani wrote:

I asked, "Y cursed?" and she said it's because she killed griefers. I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Thats where I stop reading your post and brand you as a retard.

#8 2018-08-21 21:56:07

Leilani

Joriom wrote:
Leilani wrote:

I asked, "Y cursed?" and she said it's because she killed griefers. I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Thats where I stop reading your post and brand you as a retard.

Well, that's the great thing about the game, we can all make choices, and they play out for good or ill. I chose to let my mom play "cursed person who reformed to become good mom" and I ended up with a key to a house with lots of resources, which became critical later in that game, and my lineage was the only one that made it in that town. Betsy killed my mom and got killed for her trouble. Whose strategy worked out? Is the hero the one who kills the griefer or the one who outlives her to revitalize the town? Neither strategy is invalid.

Board footer