One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-20 19:51:28

Broken_Milk

Just had my best game yet!

I just had a really fun game, thought I'd post it here! (Usually nothing this interesting happens to me..)
So, I'm born with my mom, Kate in the wilderness. She almost didn't raise me, since she was out on a trapping mission a ways away from home, but once I proved I could follow decently, she changed her mind, and named me Lisa. Soon enough, we found a wild patch of gooseberries, and she decided we'd stay there until I was older. There was a little patch of desert (Only like 3 tiles), so once I could feed myself she decided it'd be safe enough to leave me there and do some trapping before we headed back to the village. I waited there for quite a bit, and managed to make some rope from the surrounding milkweed, nothing too spectacular.
Then, she finally comes back, and much to my surprise, has a son named Alex! I'm happy to have a sibling, that is, until he speaks for the first time. Cursed. At this point, he could already eat for himself, so starving him wasn't an option, and he claimed innocence, so we weren't sure what to do. Mom tells him that the townspeople will kill him if we go back, and I propose a sister town. Problem is, there's no water. She sends my cursed brother out searching, and as soon as we can't hear his footsteps, tells me that we gotta go. So, we run back home, praying that he didn't manage to survive, or at the very least, was forever lost.
The village was medium sized, had a decent amount of fertile females, and had the best gooseberry farm I've ever seen. I, still not fully aged, helped to run the farm, and my mother decided I'd be her trapping apprentice, and begun preparing to bring me on my first official mission. Everything was looking up, and we were almost certain my brother was dead. But then, he arrived.
By some miracle, we didn't have any weapons at that point, so my brother was forced to threaten his actions instead of enact them. He wanted to kill my mom. The town was fine with this, and my mother reluctantly agreed. After all, what harm could come in a one-kill revenge? But I'd just had my first son, Oksana, and I knew that once my brother got his hands on a weapon, he was severely unlikely to stop killing. We were at risk. Before this, though, my mother had told me of a town, west of her village. We both knew that was our chance at safety, and set out, mom with her trapping gear and me with my son.
We spent a great deal of time in the wilderness, searching for the town. Luckily, we weren't being followed by my brother, but we'd still become stranded. That was, until, we met a man whom we were distantly related to, working on a road. Maxson. He led us back to his town, and we told him why we had to leave our own. He was sympathetic to our cause, and allowed us to stay with him and his wife, and then even offered to help us make a bow, to kill Alex and return home safely.
We stayed in that village for a while, I popped out a bunch of kids, but, admittedly, wasn't a very good mother. I was preoccupied with a many things, and assumed people had been popping out babies back in the hometown. Oksana died soon after we arrived because of my negligence, and my only surviving daughter, Mary, (Who we'll get to later) wasn't even named by me. Well, soon enough, the bow was complete, and it was time to enact our revenge. Maxson, my mother, and I, set out on the Maxson-built road home, not knowing what to expect.
About halfway there, however, my mother stopped. We stopped with her, and much to our dismay, she was dying. She insisted we leave her, and kill Alex without her. She handed me her backpack, we said our goodbyes, and continued the journey. Not long after, though, before we reached the village, I had a daughter. I didn't want to leave her helpless in case the Alex-killing mission went sideways, and, with a wish for good luck, left Maxson and returned to the west village. I didn't name the daughter, so I'm not sure if she was Mary or simply another victim of my bad parenting, but we returned to the village safely and I returned to farming.
After many in-game years, Maxson returned to us in one peace, and it turned out the village had killed Alex before we got the chance. But, looking at the family tree, it's apparent he took down someone with him. I was fine with staying in Maxson's town at that point, but my daughter, Mary, wanted to take the journey home. I decided I'd go with her, and we headed out, following the road. I picked up my mothers bones along the way, and eventually, we made it. After burying my mother in the towns graveyard, I maintained the gooseberry farm, and started compost, but at some point Mary became the only fertile female left. At this point, she'd already ventured back to the west town to look for Maxson, but returned with grim news, that they were gone. So, it was up to Mary to continue the bloodline. She'd already had a son, and luckily, just had a daughter. Unluckily, this daughter really wanted to die. Luckily, she had ANOTHER daughter. Unluckily, it was at this time that I was at about 6 bars, and knew I'd go soon. I stood with Mary's kids by the fire, told them all I could think of, and then, finally, died of old age.
This was so cool to experience, and was one of my first really in depth stories.
Heres the family tree: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=911829
TL;DR: Eventful journey about a cursed brother and a town just west of this one. My first remarkable play.

#2 2018-08-20 20:01:52

MultiLife

Re: Just had my best game yet!

Lovely! Please space the story out in small chapters if possible! I had to paint over the text to keep myself from losing the correct line.
Happy your child made it and gave the town a chance to be revived.
Maxson was surely MVP. big_smile

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2018-08-20 20:03:11

pein

small families get more communication, which is needed but same time is roleplay
i seen people come to forum when we had small families, and as last daughters they got more attention

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2018-08-20 20:09:04

Broken_Milk

Lol, sorry MultiLife. I was just so excited to post it, I forgot about proper formatting. <3

#5 2018-08-20 20:15:25

jessiibear

Hi! I'm your Great Great Aunt Eliceo! (actually Elise) I checked the family tree a bit ago and wondered why Alex killed someone.
So nice to know about what happened after I passed. smile

#6 2018-08-20 20:24:24

Broken_Milk

Thank you for replying! I'm glad to have told you, lol. Always nice to hear from ancient family members smile

#7 2018-08-21 11:47:08

jessiibear

No prob! I hope my daughter reads about this though, so proud of her for trying to continue our line. But no matter, we're dead lol
It was a lovely read, btw. I wish you more interesting lives. big_smile

#8 2018-08-21 15:32:52

Tea

Hey, I was your aunt, Lilia ! People started to wonder off and never came back until there were only a handful of people left. I thought Emily would be the only fertile female when your mom came back with you. Was super glad to see more people come back home and hoped that some would go to the West Town and repopulate it.

Too bad Alex survived in the wilderness, Emily was such a nice girl ! Glad to see that you managed to live until old age ^^

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#9 2018-08-21 20:11:31

TrustyWay

I couldn't read the whole thing because of the lenght but I tried to jump on key sentences

Nice you made it and succed

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-08-21 20:12:15)

Board footer