One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-28 15:57:19

xochristinee

Carrot Situation

So, just finished in the Rainbow town and someone has put a billion seeds everywhere (I'm assuming no one picked them in time). As you could imagine, this took up a lot of tiles, so I thought I might as well plant the seeds (and not water them) to clean up the mess. Since there were carrots around, I thought surely no one would come and water about 40 carrots worth of them.. but guess who was wrong. Someone watered them all and left them.. WHY?

There were about 5 people left and no one was doing the compost, sheep or pies.  Empty tiles were minimum 6 tiles away

Sorry for the rant, but surely there should be a way to easily communicate this to people.  Maybe a sign that says "only water if none are around and you watch and pick them" or clothing that people wear if they are the carrot farmer.

My BB names: Rosie, Becky, Kristy, Alex, Andy, Rocky, Robby

#2 2018-08-28 16:05:56

Turnipseed

Re: Carrot Situation

I always thought the carrot crown was good for this as a reward for a smart farmer... but people murder for it or thinks it gives them authority

So dosent work in practice

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#3 2018-08-28 16:13:49

Tea

Yeah was there too. No one was tending the berries or making compost out of those many carrots lying around. And a lady made baskets out of the wheat. Sure, baskets were needed but we needed compost as well, maybe make half / half ?

I wish people would ask before watering or harvesting. Should I water all of them ? Should I let that row seed ? Or maybe look around and they will see that we have a lot of seeds and carrots so no need to water them for now.

In one life there were a lot of seeds lying around, no one was farming so I took the job and picked all of the carrots. We had ten tiles of growing carrots. Then a kid came to me, shouting to let them all seed. I tried to explain her that we had enough seeds on the ground and that we didn't need seventy seeds. She didn't listen and I got too annoyed to explain her further. I never saw her again.

Are carrot seeds so hard to see ?

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#4 2018-08-28 16:27:55

xochristinee

Yeah, you'd think so! That town has become a mess.

There were also beans everywhere on the floor. I spent my life making stews so that I could use all the beans lying around.

I wish I had longer than an hour so I could clean it up more! lol

#5 2018-08-28 16:32:48

Tea

Cleaning up is one of the hardest job in this game xD Better to team up with someone so it'll get done faster !

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#6 2018-08-28 16:43:35

xochristinee

That's true, I should team up, but everyone seemed pretty busy. I was just going crazy running everywhere lol

A women came from another town, she said she traveled 3k. I told her to look after her BB's, so hopefully the towns growing and getting better tongue

Board footer