One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-22 02:26:30

SomeRandomPerson

The best Tree Farm Layout?

So far I've only seen trees planted on a traditional field. That just makes a giant impassable block when they grow.

Is it better to leave a space in between so we can walk through?

#2 2018-09-22 02:40:31

Tarr
Banned

Re: The best Tree Farm Layout?

Probably best layout is a 3x3 with the center space left open as that tree won't be reachable. This way you have a nice compact kindling farm set up for harvest preferable somewhere near the kitchen or the blacksmith.

I've only ever grown my trees in building shapes though I have seen those normal farming styled tree farms which are a little goofy.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2018-09-22 03:28:02

pein

i think a tree line can be good, especially north of the camp so wont cover anything, you need one side to reach them, also walls off animals or helps to build a room later on
same reason i would say top and right side is good, and left side bottom you make some stone walls

when you put them next to roads i would prefer them with 1 spacing from road not from each other when the road goes S/N, stupid snipers can hide and get away with it if it covers and lets them hide
when goes E/W then above the road and one space after a bit so you can pass trough

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2018-09-22 07:11:29

boggers

Plant horizontal lines if you want to be able to see which trees have branches.

Board footer