One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-22 01:50:53

eerieelder

yo Tarr-mom, trees

It's Tim, your son,
I don't know if they worked correctly but at the end of my life I went to check and some of your trees had gotten big. Tried to grab you a screen but I was very old.

also can I get the collective knowledge on trees, they seem neat, tree fan thread.

#2 2018-09-22 02:06:14

Tarr
Banned

Re: yo Tarr-mom, trees

Thanks for checking up on the trees for me. I ended up watering them when I eve spawned into that town.

From what it sounds like a tree goes from sapling > baby tree > adult tree in with each transition taking 30~40 minutes. The first two steps require you to water the tree or else the tree will die and turn the row into a hardened row. Takes upwards of ten minutes to have this happen though so killing a tree is through you purposely neglecting it.

To get the tree sapling you need to use shears on any of the available types you can grow (everything besides dead/swamp/juniper) and then place that sapling into a tilled row. For bonsai trees specifically clip a yew tree and plant the sapling in a bowl of dirt then water. Bonsai trees seem closer to about thirty minutes per cycle and require trimming and water each transition. If your family cares for your bonsai well it'll end up being an ancient bonsai which takes ten hours of maintenance (if it follows all other ancient items.)

The only bug I've encountered with these trees is that I believe the dry pine tree and dry poplar tree have their models swapped around until watered but this is hard to double check with how much time tree growing takes.

I've mostly been trying to build houses out of trees but it's a little more difficult said than done as I'm never around to see the full project to finish.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2018-09-22 06:32:33

VioletLily

Tarr wrote:

The only bug I've encountered with these trees is that I believe the dry pine tree and dry poplar tree have their models swapped around until watered but this is hard to double check with how much time tree growing takes.

I watered a dry poplar sapling and it turned into a wet pine sapling.

#4 2018-09-22 11:53:31

Tarr
Banned

Thanks for clearing that up. I hadn't paid enough attention when watering the trees to know which started as which but I distinctively remembered two tree models swapping around sometime in the watering process.

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer