One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-17 17:37:00

Rabbitmelon

Suggestion: Aqueducts?

What are your thoughts on aqueducts? You can connect several water sources to one line and this line would lead to the town on one spot. Players should be able to move the aqueduct line where ever they want. The aqueduct would work like a normal well, except it has the water of few wells at once. This would solve the problem with towns that are built in places with few water sources but are relatively rich in other areas. This might not work well with the game mechanics as of right now, but I think it's a cool idea.

#2 2018-10-17 19:21:39

Starknight_One

Re: Suggestion: Aqueducts?

I was actually just thinking about this. In game terms, I'd probably make the aqueduct a high-end stonework project, like walls. Let's see:

stone wall + fence kit = stone wall with scaffold
stone wall with scaffold + cut stones = aqueduct construction
aqueduct construction + mallet = dry aqueduct segment
dry aqueduct segment (connected) + 1s = aqueduct segment with water

An aqueduct system needs a reservoir; multiples may be attached. Water may only be added to reservoirs, but they can hold 20 buckets of water.

dry cistern + cut stones = reservoir foundation
reservoir foundation + bowl of plaster = reservoir

Fountains can distribute the water. You may only remove water from fountains. A fountain holds 5 buckets of water.

pit stakes + cut stone = fountain base
fountain base + pot of plaster = fountain form
fountain form + branch = tree fountain (by variety)
fountain form + mouflon hide = mouflon fountain
fountain form + gooseberry = berry bush fountain
fountain not connected to aqueduct = dry fountain

All attached fountains and reservoirs in an aqueduct system will check their water levels every 10 seconds. After filling fountains, the remaining water is averaged over the reservoirs. This preserves the requirement to fill the aqueducts manually (at least at this stage of the game), while not requiring the players to run across the intervening terrain to bring water to remote areas.

#3 2018-10-18 03:03:59

Monolith_Rans

what about hollowing out round logs on a fire and then using them as a pipe to connect wells.  It could be put in like a road but using a shovel to burry the pipe.  and the water from the connected wells can be collected from any well point.  So the more wells you tie together, the wore buckets of water you can pull from your central well.

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#4 2018-10-18 03:12:08

Booklat1

the closer to an aqueduct now is a road to swamps with a few cisterns along. Helps transporting water better than it's needed, quite frankly.

Board footer