One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-19 13:31:27

karltown_veteran

I have so many questions about yellow fever

Haven't been able to get on the game yet... but... how is it caused? Can you see it? Do babies get it if mom has it? Is it contagious?

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#2 2018-11-19 13:34:14

Aurora Aurora

Re: I have so many questions about yellow fever

You get it from mosquitoes in the jungle. It slashes your hunger in half and stays for like 30 minutes. Not contagious.
I'm not sure about how you die from it. If you die from it if you're over 40 or if it's the second time you've gotten it, I dont know.
You become yellow if you have it so yes, you can see it.

Last edited by Aurora Aurora (2018-11-19 13:34:37)

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#3 2018-11-19 14:28:19

pein

25 seconds
heats you up and halves your max food bar
twice bitten you can die from
you cant pick items and drop your hand
a sheperd lady just died cause tried to shoot bear and mosquitoes disarmed her

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2018-11-19 14:57:50

0skillz

i died from it as a child several times yesterday, was surprised when i was a male in 20s and didn't die from yellow fever.  until my one experience surviving it i would head to wherever the pile of bones are and await my death.

#5 2018-11-19 16:59:30

BlueDiamondAvatar

It's easier to survive if you 1) regulate your temperature and 2) get someone else to feed you.  But you are unlikely to survive it if you get bitten more than once.  Seems like a percentage game rather than a simple do this and you will survive answer.  Hmm, wasn't the last release all about games of chance??

The best strategy for survival is to get out of the jungle biome fast, and go back to "home", where you are more likely to find people willing to feed you, and a good temperature zone for staying regulated.

I have questions about the Mosquitoes!  The first jungle town I spawned in was pretty sprawling, but mosquitoes and yellow fever were rare.  Are they spawning near some of the trees, but not other jungle spots?  The yellow fever was pretty harsh on my Eve's children who were gathering bananas.  Anyone else think they are attracted to bananas?

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#6 2018-11-19 17:32:43

CrazyEddie

Bananas are such a godsend (so many calories, just growing from the trees, in bunches, ready for picking with no tools, in a warm biome!) that it would make sense for them to also come with a curse. Perhaps banana peels not only clutter up the tiles making it hard to drop items, but also attract or even multiply mosquitos.

Just my guess, but I wouldn't be surprised by it.

We need to discover pesticides.

#7 2018-11-19 18:10:57

Booklat1

CrazyEddie wrote:

Bananas are such a godsend (so many calories, just growing from the trees, in bunches, ready for picking with no tools, in a warm biome!) that it would make sense for them to also come with a curse. Perhaps banana peels not only clutter up the tiles making it hard to drop items, but also attract or even multiply mosquitos.

Hi, welcome to ohol. Here we turn even non-violent doggos in griefing tools. If banana peels multiply mosquitoes we're all dead.

#8 2018-11-19 22:35:10

BlueDiamondAvatar

Book and Crazy Eddie,
After reading your comments I found myself telling my "kids":  Yellow Peel brings Yellow Fever.  Yeah, this can't just be a coincidence. 

<insert a witty gripping hand reference>

-Blue Diamond

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#9 2018-11-19 23:08:00

pein

i seen red text from them, with no yellow fever, but i havent died like that
once as abby suicider i got bit once, still ok but second killed me, guess just the double halving

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#10 2018-11-20 00:26:03

CrazyEddie

I got bit once, after a while I recovered and got my full bars back, after a longer while I got bit again, and a short while after that instead of recovering I died of yellow fever.

#11 2018-11-20 02:37:42

Truth

I thought Yellow Fever is a disease that you develop immunity to after surviving it IRL. God-Jason is cruel.

I want to bring my babies into the jungle and inoculate them by forcing them into a cloud of mosquitoes, which gives them future resistance/immunity.

Last edited by Truth (2018-11-20 02:37:58)

#12 2018-11-20 12:43:26

Elsayal

Booklat1 wrote:
CrazyEddie wrote:

Hi, welcome to ohol. Here we turn even non-violent doggos in griefing tools. If banana peels multiply mosquitoes we're all dead.

big_smile

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

#13 2018-11-20 15:46:01

BlueDiamondAvatar

Oh, and now I've seen random banana peels being left in the middle of a bustling non-jungle town.  <sigh>

--Blue Diamond

Board footer