One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-12-10 00:38:21

Monolith_Rans

Re: The Milkweed problem

Traditional jungle hammocks are made from kapok, the fibrous center of a tree by the same name.  Now that we have jungles, a knife and axe and saw could be used to make a long spool of rope

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#27 2018-12-10 12:17:46

arkajalka

Oh please. Milkweed isn't a problem. The problem is people don't roam outside the town safety to gathers stuff and just plant milkweed and spam milkweed seed.

Just pick a backbag, sharpstone, basket, make a homemarker and roam outside of town. Eat variety of wild edibles and gather milkweed from the wild.

Profit-->6ropes and high yum count.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#28 2018-12-10 17:02:37

Jadelink

Lassos can be cut now.

They can!  Yay, i missed patch notes then.  I really wanted that.

#29 2018-12-10 17:05:31

Jadelink

arkajalka wrote:

Oh please. Milkweed isn't a problem. The problem is people don't roam outside the town safety to gathers stuff and just plant milkweed and spam milkweed seed.

Just pick a backbag, sharpstone, basket, make a homemarker and roam outside of town. Eat variety of wild edibles and gather milkweed from the wild.

Profit-->6ropes and high yum count.

There is a real problem with this though.  That's fine for YOUR generation. Later, we have no milkweed, and if unlucky, no seed, as the stuff takes a thousand years to re-spawn (literally, in game time i believe).  I've been in towns where i spent an entire male lifetime searching for milkweed seed, lived to just under 60, and found 2 milkweed in a lifetime of search. 

Not sure if natural overharvesting and its insanely long spawn times, or a greifer was there way before my time, either way the pain was real, and it might even have killed the town.

Board footer