One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-18 23:24:42

wondaland

Killing as Eve

I just played as an eve and my daughters started pooping out babies left right and center. At one point we had five babies plus me and my two daughters and no farm started. So... I grabbed a boy and dropped him off in the desert. Don't get me wrong I felt bad, but our village was going to die pretty quick if we kept everyone. Then a boy who witnessed this proceeded to grow up and eat all of the food we'd collected for camp because I was a 'killer'. This type of griefing is so frustrating because so early on you cant do anything about it. Not to mention he wasn't named so couldn't curse him. Lesson here NAME YOUR KIDS.

I manage to hold him long enough to name him Badden (Bad) but starved straight after. I killed one baby, he killed us all.

I am curious to know peoples opinions on early game sacrifice, is killing as Eve really that bad?

#2 2019-02-18 23:30:41

Peremptive

Re: Killing as Eve

killing as an Eve is now a requirement. You need to set up so many things you need to be really lucky. Keep them later (lets say 25+) and probably no more than three.

#3 2019-02-18 23:31:05

DestinyCall

If you are worried about overpopulation, shouldn't you be killing the girls?    They are the ones making too many babies.

#4 2019-02-18 23:40:10

wondaland

We only had one third gen girl at that point, didn't want to risk loss of succession.

#5 2019-02-18 23:44:03

DestinyCall

In my opinion, the best way to handle population control in an Eve camp is to assign difficult but useful tasks to young children.   The strong and capable ones will survive.  The weak will perish.

Next time you have an extra boy child, just give him a basket as soon as he grows hair and tell him to go find iron.   Either he dies out in the cold or he brings back some iron.  Win-win!

If he hangs around the bushes eating your berries and refuses to contribute (or actively works against the village), craft a bow and fix the problem.   You'll have a reason for murdering him at that point and everyone who matters will understand the necessity.   Plus, you can use the bow to hunt mouflon and wolves.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-02-18 23:45:28)

#6 2019-02-19 05:03:54

fragilityh14

i pretty much always tell kids to make a basket and gather and always carry food. I hate to abandon any of them but at an Eve camp you have to abandon some, if they're coming out left and right.

Though i often raise the babies off in the distance while my older children set up camp, i've had some impressive results, in terms of coming back to find theyve accomplished a lot. Since i can't be as productive as is ideal i like to get off the main food supply.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#7 2019-02-19 10:30:13

stew

keep the boy alive, kill a girl.

#8 2019-02-19 11:35:55

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

In my opinion, the best way to handle population control in an Eve camp is to assign difficult but useful tasks to young children.   The strong and capable ones will survive.  The weak will perish.

Next time you have an extra boy child, just give him a basket as soon as he grows hair and tell him to go find iron.   Either he dies out in the cold or he brings back some iron.  Win-win!

If he hangs around the bushes eating your berries and refuses to contribute (or actively works against the village), craft a bow and fix the problem.   You'll have a reason for murdering him at that point and everyone who matters will understand the necessity.   Plus, you can use the bow to hunt mouflon and wolves.

I don't know if sending a boy out for iron before seven makes for a good call, though if a badlands lies close enough to a food source, I can see it.  But, after seven I think that's mostly a good idea.  I'm not so sure about killing a boy who is just hanging around, because he might be a new player using the tab bar to figure things out or looking things up online.  But definitely, boys and men probably preferably will be the ones who more often do things away from camp.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#9 2019-02-19 12:43:00

WalrusesConquer

One time I sent my son out to get iron since he never spoke and I suspected he was a bad egg. To my surprise just as I turn old, he comes back home WITH A CART. It was about to break but he did well.

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#10 2019-02-19 21:33:24

wondaland

So I tried keeping all of my babies as an eve daughter last night, gave instructions on what we needed and asked people to forage but still died out at gen 3 hmm didn't help that my sister was a baby bouncer (overf eeding) oh well I'll keep trying.

#11 2019-02-20 01:36:38

Sanshuba

I saw a similar situation today.
My mother killed the same daughter four times, she starved and after some time reborned there again, we know it was her because she always put a sad emoction and my mother asked “Are u sadkid?” And the kid confirmed. After sometime she reborned as my niece, the village was thriving, so she decided to keep the sad kid alive, my mother even named her as “happy”. But she wanted revenge, after being able to pick stuff, she took a basket, put three snow balls, killed my mother and starved.

I understand who sacrifices children, but I also understand who come back for revenge. I mean, you murdered his brother (for a good reason, but murdered) and if the angry kid feels upset he will try to revenge killing or griefing. You teach him that the best way to resolve problem is murdering.

It is an option and I don’t judge you, but after some revenges of sacrificed children, I stopped to murder them. I explain the situation to the children and ask them to try on another village, but if they really want to stay, I ask them to bring bananas, most of them are killed by mosquitoes and the village receives a lot of bananas until we get some berries.

Sacrificing children (principally if you are rude) is a dangerous way to keep things going, because they don’t get lineage ban, so they can come back after some minutes or even after some hours and revenge. And the worst thing is a reborned revenger, because we don’t know if we killed them or their siblings, so they can pretend to being helpful and start to hide tools, eat a lot of food, break pens, kill all the sheeps, kill people and hide weapons to come back and kill more.

Sorry for my English haha, but ask them to bring bananas. They will be motivated because you decided to feed them even without enough food.

#12 2019-02-20 03:59:58

wondaland

I see the point in keeping kids now. Just played as eve Ko. Kept all my kids and they worked really hard, by the time I died we had a kiln, seven bowls, berry farm growing, carrots and rabbits too... only thing is I had seven boys and zero girls. I spent my thirties eating and standing by the fire but no luck. Feels bad man.

Board footer