One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-02-24 14:12:56

breezeknight

Re: Is this game elitest, temp update definitely makes it feel that way?

FlyingAboo wrote:

I only started playing a couple of weeks back.  Loved what I saw of the game from videos and the trailer.  Started playing and it was a learning curve, but it felt manageable.  I am a sucker for punishment and tend to play some "hardcore" games.  But this new update has made the game far less fun to play.

I thought I was getting a civilisation building game with a survival undertone.  This last update makes it feel more of a brutal survival experience where you aren't just fighting the elements and environment but now one single player can bring many hours of other peoples work to an end.  If I wanted that experience I would just go back to playing Rust or Unturned where hours/days of work can be undone in a matter of minuets.

The way the game is right now feels something sick and sadistic.  Is the game supposed to only be for the elite and not inviting to more casual players?  The response to any complaints about the new update seems to be meet by pretentious elitists that think they are something godley because they play a game with a average population of 130 people and has lost 10% of the player base in the last 30 days.

yes, this game is elitist

but no, this is not a new occurance
it just feels that way if you're new to it
there were before that last hard update other updates which booted out a number of players who came to play a civ builder & parenting simulator, as was & still is promissed in the trailers & the advertizing screenshots

every casual player who dares to protest will be first shushed down by the "experienced hard core" players & then booted out by the next update leaning again towards harder survival, new killing methods & fancy high tech nobody but the elitists uses

enjoy !

Board footer