One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-27 07:38:40

futurebird

Types of Players I have known...

Naturally few people are all one type all the time, these are just some styles I noticed.

Efficiency Jack
Immersion? pffffft. This player would like the game just as much if it were like Dwarf Fortress, or if it were a spreadsheet. This player will produce so much food, tools and resources you can't really hate them when they yell at you for making the "wrong" choice.

Grumpy Old Woman/Man
Telling yarns to the young ones, and yelling at everyone, this player is useful if they are spreading information about what needs to be done around town. Good job for a bone collector, or someone who just cleans the place up. The cleaning probably is what causes the grumpyness and the constant yelling "stop eating berries and go find some straight shafts!"

Efficiency Jack, the Wordless
Moving at the speed of sound since this player uses the zoom mod, this player dies at 60 of old age and their last word is "F"

Drama Drama Drama
Murder, mysteries, secrets, plotting, this player wants nothing more than for you to join in their elaborate ruse. A borderline greifer at worst, a person who gives the game more meaning at best.

Who have you known?

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-02-27 11:56:06

Bob 101

Re: Types of Players I have known...

The Noob

Usually wanders aimlessly around town, sometimes asking what to do. 9/10 times they will die within 5-10 mins of being born.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-02-27 12:02:05)

#3 2019-02-27 15:29:47

Solbusaur

Designer/Creator

Most lives, instead of taking care of essentials like farming, they prefer to make their own projects, using the tools other people had made. This could be producing heaps of paper, creating signs, or starting a grand building.

I respect these people for their devotion, particularly builders, and I like to play like this playstyle usually

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#4 2019-02-27 15:31:02

pein

Drama queen:
only plays as girl
wanders around the camp, looking and begging for clothing and knife
raises babies while eating
generally provokes someone then spends her life to curse that person and convince his kids to curse
at 40 either dies or runs around telling people to bury her.

Baby assassin:
sees a kill, spends his life to snipe a player out, and that reason justifies for him to not work 30-40 minutes, generally kills a few more.

Roleplay doctor: saves everyone, saves the griefers multiple times
generally just makes pads all her life denying wool clothing and compost

The always late:
does everything the camp needs, just too late
generally asks for knife to be a sheperd, but is too slow so someone needs to do it properly, then he claims he is the shepherd
if you make a cart, he takes it in 2 seconds, if you make a farm plants random things into it
if you bring a branch , he makes kindling out of it
if you ever question it, he either preaches about how this is a community, to justify taking everything as "sharing" or starts insulting you

The feminazi:
starves boys, even kills them, tells people to kill based on gender.

Pedro the kidnapper:
grabs babies and runs away with them, he is naked all his life, generally makes a bow but pretty easy t dodge, he denies everything.

The "baker"
takes every cart, every box, every rope to the 'kitchen"
makes pies from whatever
fires up oven for 3 pies even
does this any life, every life, any level of civilization

The "hunter"
her mom tells her he needs to hunt, even names him that way
he spends his life killing pigs and bringing back pig meat, and running around in city with a bow
generally kills someone by accident

The royal:
Spends 30 minutes to make a crown then walk around  the city
generally gives another crown to a random baby girl
Kills anyone who has problem with it and starts cursing.
Causes half of the population to stop working.
Generally talks 20 minutes about what should be done but never gets done anything.

The survivor:
can eat, that's it. Survives anytime, anywhere, hides food for herself behind trees.

The task follower:
Can get anything from anywhere, but cant see the bigger picture so needs constant instructions. Can spend his life doing the same thing: getting firewood, getting clay, branches, iron, rabbit etc.

Carrot waterer: if seeds seeds plants them and waters them, never returns to the spot to pick them out, generally does this 3-4 times a life.

The stew maker: makes stew every time, every life, explains stew, even without a crock, takes the kindling from the forge to make stew, makes only crocks at forge, people kill each other or no soil? he just makes stew

Overly attached girl:
Goes for asking a job and follows a person around all life,  learns a job then does it for the full life. teaches her kids to do that job only. I seen quite a few nice ones who yell "uncle " every time they see you, and "we are ranchers" when sees a sheep. They are pretty nice.

Headless horsemen:
Just takes a horse and runs around with it all life. Similar to crown makers. No use of them and just occupies a tool from others.

The abandoned kid: left alone cause expects her mother will carry her all her childhood, generally saved by some older dude. Spends 40 minutes to make a marked grave even if others die around her. Spends the rest of time eating berry and gearing kids with clothes she didn't made.

The grave digger: brings back bones to camp and digs them, generally in a big box shaped graveyard. Destroys multiple shovels cause needs to "bury my cousins and ancestors ". The whole camp starves in meantime.  steps on a snake bringing back flat rocks.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2019-02-27 16:37:45

Kirk

pein wrote:

Drama queen:
only plays as girl
generally provokes someone then spends her life to curse that person and convince his kids to curse

Baby assassin:
sees a kill, spends his life to snipe a player out, and that reason justifies for him to not work 30-40 minutes, generally kills a few more.

The always late:
generally asks for knife to be a sheperd, but is too slow so someone needs to do it properly, then he claims he is the shepherd
if you make a cart, he takes it in 2 seconds, if you make a farm plants random things into it
if you ever question it, he either preaches about how this is a community, to justify taking everything as "sharing" or starts insulting you

The feminazi:

Pedro the kidnapper:
grabs babies and runs away with them, he is naked all his life, generally makes a bow but pretty easy t dodge, he denies everything.

The "baker"
makes pies from whatever

The "hunter"
he spends his life killing pigs and bringing back pig meat, and running around in city with a bow

The royal:
Generally talks 20 minutes about what should be done but never gets done anything.

The survivor:
can eat, that's it. Survives anytime, anywhere, hides food for herself behind trees.

The task follower:
Can get anything from anywhere, but cant see the bigger picture so needs constant instructions. Can spend his life doing the same thing: getting firewood, getting clay, branches, iron, rabbit etc.

Carrot waterer: if seeds seeds plants them and waters them, never returns to the spot to pick them out, generally does this 3-4 times a life.

The stew maker: makes stew every time, every life, explains stew, even without a crock, takes the kindling from the forge to make stew, makes only crocks at forge, people kill each other or no soil? he just makes stew

Overly attached girl:
Goes for asking a job and follows a person around all life,  learns a job then does it for the full life. teaches her kids to do that job only. I seen quite a few nice ones who yell "uncle " every time they see you, and "we are ranchers" when sees a sheep. They are pretty nice.

Headless horsemen:
Just takes a horse and runs around with it all life. Similar to crown makers. No use of them and just occupies a tool from others.

The abandoned kid: left alone cause expects her mother will carry her all her childhood, generally saved by some older dude. Spends 40 minutes to make a marked grave even if others die around her. Spends the rest of time eating berry and gearing kids with clothes she didn't made.

The grave digger: brings back bones to camp and digs them, generally in a big box shaped graveyard. Destroys multiple shovels cause needs to "bury my cousins and ancestors ". The whole camp starves in meantime.  steps on a snake bringing back flat rocks.

This is so accurate

Check out my blacksmith/crafting tutorial : https://youtu.be/LiLjH4HIFSs

#6 2019-02-27 17:43:59

Aurora Aurora

pein wrote:

Drama queen:
only plays as girl

Baby assassin:

The always late:

The feminazi:

Pedro the kidnapper:

The "baker"
makes pies from whatever

The "hunter"

The royal:

The survivor:

The task follower:

Overly attached girl:

Headless horsemen:

You have given me an art challenge I just cant deny

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#7 2019-02-27 18:06:27

Toverdooz

Yes Pein, yes!
But don't forget The Worshipper: Roleplays all her life as a worshipper of usually an evil religion or death cult and encourages other people to kill nonbelievers. Useless but can be entertaining

That's how I spend an entire life with a few people as a sheep/worshipper/weirdo in a pen yelling BAAAAAAAAAA and people actually fed us and tried to protect us. Fun for a life or two but I do like contributing and cleaning up a lot better. Who knows,  I might start the sheep cult up again! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#8 2019-02-27 18:16:19

Tea

The Milklady

There is the Productive Early Camp Milklady, the Regular Milklady and the Daycare Milklady.

- Productive Early Camp Milklady : Lines the kids by the fire, near the berry bush, so she can easily feed them one after the other while tending the berry farm.

- Regular Milklady : Stands by the fire with the kids, not moving at all except when she has to go eat. Feeds the kids every 3 seconds.

- Daycare Milklady : Lives in a room with a bunch of babies to take care of. Makes sure the door is always closed. Chats with the Sponges or the kids. Helps out the chefs when the daycare is near/in the kitchen.

The Sponges

Mostly females but sometimes males as well. Stands near the fire and keeps talking to the Milklady, sometimes feeding the kids seconds after the Milklady fed them. Eats pie as a kid but as an adult forgets that they exists even when there is a basket right next to them. 7

Never moves a finger to help out at the farm/kitchen/smith/etc. or puts wood on a slow fire.

The Accuser

As a child, runs to any adult and screams "What's her/his name is a griefer". Not saying how this person is griefing this town, just keeps screaming they are a griefer. Sometimes starts cursing players without any reasons and tries to convince others to do the same.

The "Sheep"

Believes what the Accuser is yelling and kills or curses the person without hesitation, without prove, no questions asked.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#9 2019-02-27 18:21:47

InSpace

futurebird wrote:

Efficiency Jack, the Wordless
Moving at the speed of sound since this player uses the zoom mod, this player dies at 60 of old age and their last word is "F"

I am this + Memes

#10 2019-02-27 19:15:58

karltown_veteran

pein wrote:

Drama queen:
only plays as girl

Baby assassin:

The always late:

The feminazi:

Pedro the kidnapper:

The "baker"
makes pies from whatever

The "hunter"

The royal:

The survivor:

The task follower:

Overly attached girl:

Headless horsemen:

You forgot "The Curmudgeon"
- Spends his life working, saves the town multiple times but is ignored. Harbors grudge against everyone in the village except his mother, whom he buries in a quiet place. The Curmudgeon has a tendency to wind up as the last man standing.
(The Curmudgeon is me a lot of the time, but on the flip side sometimes I decide to rp and end up getting virtually no work done)

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#11 2019-02-27 20:46:19

Solbusaur

Aurora Aurora wrote:

You have given me an art challenge I just cant deny

Dewit

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#12 2019-02-27 21:29:18

Peremptive

the mover: takes baskets full of pies and snares to grief your village

#13 2019-02-28 00:31:02

PeaGirl

Noob: Doesn't learn, doesn't want to learn. Just eat and pop babies if there is hole down there. 

Stupid: Doesn't learn even when told something that would potentially raise their IQ even with 1. Unbelieveably annoying

Stealer: Steals your stuff, and you need to fetch them outside or do stuff again. Unbelieveably annoying 3x.

Unsurnamed: Not as annoying, but kinda beats the purpose, but doesn't affect gameplay that much unless there is like 4 of people named same like them.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#14 2019-02-28 01:40:50

hmrka

Some kid type of players I get a lot:

the best child:
-is your nephew/child/grandkid
-generally born as boy (no discrimination here)
-starts doing important stuff from a young age
-usually doesnt talk much or interact with others, avoids drama
-most likely will do forging or some important job nobody wants to do
-remember to give them stuff and tell them how much you appreciate their work! (even if they just ignore you lol)
-prob wont bury you after you die because its waste of shovel but might take your bones out of town if not busy
-but spends most of their life not going out of town

(good,decent) newb kid:
-will tell you theyre new if they feel confused about what you are saying
-if you dont feed them even in their adulthood they might starve, because they forget to eat easily
-if you spend some time teaching them, even basic stuff, they will be extremely grateful and after you die, they will spend the rest of their life asking other people in town how to bury you

the " i need knife for hunt" child:
-usually a boy
-really really needs that knife!
-"mom give knife i go kill animalz"
-if a bear is in town he will actually try to stab it with a knife.
-same with cows
-and with boars
-probably doesnt know basics like how to farm - even berry tending.
-if he does get a knife, by either looting a corpse or from some noob, he will immediately go stab a random kid in the middle of city, in the nursery..
-then die from starvation because they didnt know theres a murder cooldown.
-but had good intentions! just wanted to hunt animals :(

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#15 2019-02-28 02:36:32

antking:]#

wander: doesn't do any thing but talk and eat berries, and some times pies... but can be fascinating to hear what he/she says!

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#16 2019-02-28 03:14:58

Grim_Arbiter

The grim: Address the concerns of the village when young, but tend to work on more personal projects as you grow old. Half of the time you go senile in the last part of life, and end up dancing for the childrens, hiding behind a tree saying "I'm a tree!", or writing notes.

Also devote too much attention to cactus worship, and make more fruit boots than you probably should.

Last edited by Grim_Arbiter (2019-02-28 03:15:52)

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#17 2019-02-28 07:26:37

pein

oh yeah few more:

The hero: takes the last arrow you made, and runs around the city with the bearskin , doesn't let you shoot the third arrow in the bear, and goes to hunt down boars and wolfs all around camp. Generally dies in first 3 attempts but always comes the next 8 year old hero.
Stabs a player and even if its griefer or the player who killed the griefer, he celebrates it  for the next 40 years.

The steam pro: says she needs your apron cause she is fricking pro with her 90 hours, gets stabbed twice. goes out cursing even if she had the chance.

The surprised mom:
curses you in front of others because of family member tells it too, she curses so often, never has a token.
Calls you griefer, killer, anything, after you fed her and her 12 kids for 50 minutes. Goes back eating.

The yummer: eats yum foods all life, inherited a full set of clothing and in a gen 3 town with pro eve, you find only a few bowls, all tools but no work done with them. When you push down a half eaten pie on his throat, complains that you broke his yum chain and how much time you wasted for him.

The "ok, mom": you manage to explain to follow you cause you don't have a home, she says she not new but gives the impression of it all the time. You keep her and raise her. You give a task, she does it for 1 minute and starves. Her last words "ok""k" "sure" "don't" "worry"

The thankful promiser: you give your clothes to her, cause she is the only girl, she thanks you for 2 minutes , tells you that she gonna fix the town, have many babies and brings world peace. she messes up the swapping in the backpack and starves before you die of old age.

The ineedtogo: a decent girl who can compost, doesn't really know the clothes, after you gear her up, she says that needs to go and the line dies  out.

The creative architect: as a kid you tell her to cut some boards, at least she doesn't run around lifting every tool up.
She starts making a kitchen in the worst spot far away from anything , with the adobe from the forge.
Then puts tiles near it and converts every single plank to floor. The camp has no water soil, cause no bucket or carts. She just screams how much she wants to finish the kitchen, makes  a 2x4 room

The theory expert: says that you need seeds when 5 carrot rows are still there. Tell you that you should leave that 98 meat for pies.In meantime he just walking around not even looking at actual city needs or extreme over outputs.

the overly cautious kid: stands at the berry bush waiting to reach the age 10, almost as a berry bot calculating the next pips,then goes and lives his life.

the cartographer: spends more than 5 minutes in nursery, others think is afk, in reality he creates spreadsheets from stdout .txt and plots the coordinates on a Cartesian map to determine the closest camp and find out the most optimal way to find other civilizations using advanced algorithmic, then takes the only horse and runs away from a camp.

Last edited by pein (2019-02-28 07:28:25)

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#18 2019-02-28 08:38:26

Spiegel

The Sketchy:

Tends to walk around doing whatever it is that they do, but just giggling, "Hehehehehe. . ." as soon as they're able. Often not up to no good, but never really talks or anything. . . Just "Hehehehe. . ." whenever they pass people. Tend to be stabbed for being so sketchy as people tend to think they're a griefer. neutral

#19 2019-02-28 09:34:57

Baker

The vegetable/afk

The kid that doesn't move when they grow hair, They said Hi to you earlier but now they just stand still. If a male they then get starved.

The females are occasionally left to live to become the afk mother. When you're born to them grandma or whoever will start looking after you instead, Once they turn 40 they are then left to starve.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#20 2019-02-28 10:33:01

Grim_Arbiter

Baker wrote:

The vegetable/afk

The kid that doesn't move when they grow hair, They said Hi to you earlier but now they just stand still. If a male they then get starved.

The females are occasionally left to live to become the afk mother. When you're born to them grandma or whoever will start looking after you instead, Once they turn 40 they are then left to starve.

My last vegetable child scared the crap out of me more than anything in this game so far. She was my last child and the only girl left, so I made sure to throw her in the perfect spot and feed her. She stayed in that spot and had her first child. As i was raising her first son and explaining that his mom was braindead, she snapped out of her coma and starts running. I immediately had to chase her down and beg her not to die since I spent 15 minutes plus keeping her alive. Somehow she didn't die though, and the line kept going.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#21 2019-02-28 13:31:28

Tarr
Banned

Wet nurse: Generally a good support player who takes care of the babies in the nursery. Light to medium levels of roleplay while making sure to keep the fire going. Light feedings or lets the baby say F before picking them all up. Generally laid back but is sometimes replaced or accompanied by 0-4+ fire mommies.

Fire mommy: Player has zero interest in doing work so sits in the nursery with other fire mommies staring blankly at the back of their babies heads. Unlike their useful counterparts they'll let the fire die before dropping their baby or not bother tending to either babies or the fire. Babies are picked up and set down completely erratically causing minor SBS (shaken baby syndrome) leading to the child being stuck eating berries for most of its short life.

The "baker": Known to hoard baskets of mutton pies since unable to comprehend the notion of cooking mutton or rabbit pie, the baker will often have plenty of food sitting in a chest not being eaten. The baker "knows" that only mutton pies are acceptable and will not stray into making anything other than this unless he forgets about all the dough he has just mixed up. Will generally steal the plates from the forge then complain you aren't fetching yourself clay to replace said stolen plates.

The "hero": Doesn't know how to make a knife and certainly doesn't know how to use it but he sure does know murder is bad. Will exclaim this fact while stabbing the first person he sees with a bloody knife but won't stop to ask what the issue is. Prone to fits of stabbing this player is also likely to get stabbed due to having an IQ closely related to the number of potatoes in a 5 lb sack.

fug it’s Tarr.

#22 2019-02-28 14:47:57

Greep

-The Complainer:  Shouts "NO!" at people, without any explanation for what they should not be doing, followed up with "move".
Usually ends up shot.

-The Hoarder:  Leaves items unattended for long periods of time, then complains at and/or stabs people when the items get used.

-The Complainer Mk II: Gives detailed, usually awful explanations for why the town is sucking, and doesn't actually do anything else. Just annoys people generally.  Doesn't move around much.  Also talks very slowly.

Last edited by Greep (2019-02-28 16:22:33)

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

#23 2019-02-28 16:26:13

futurebird

The running mommy
Eve who carries you and just runs and runs and runs and runs and runs and runs and runs. Runs by wild onions. Runs by a burdock next to a round stone and rock. Stops to eat nannas.

Says she's "looking for a good spot" but runs by a perfect spot with green, water, tons of burdock, rabbits and good trees. You are like "GOD" "SPT" but she ignores you and wastes pips feeding you too often.

Stops and eats at a berry bush in the middle of nowhere. Dies running. Then you die.
MAXIUM TIME WASTED WAITING TO PLAY (this has happened more than once...)

Greep wrote:

-The Complainer:  Shouts "NO!" at people, without any explanation for what they should not be doing, followed up with "move".

OMG yes. I had a player who was like "NO" when I was laying out a farm. I was like "why?" all she would say was "NO"

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#24 2019-02-28 16:57:07

pein

i mean, i complain a lot, but i explain why if anyone cares
generally people are so convinced that what they doing is okay
lays 1 bowl of soil, tills it
if you stack it to two and tell that she should use 2, she unstacks it! at this point, you cant really say she saved any time
she just want to fuck up every hoe as fast as possible
especially annoying when you get iron and they say "oh we got enough iron"
sure bitch, i spent 30 min getting it, i will spend 30 more to make replacement tools

i generally choose a corner, make wheat, carrot and berries
people who run trough snath my brand new hoe, cut the branch, eat the carrots, and take everything within 1 minute of putting it down
generally is a naked guy who doesn't really have a plan with it

#25 2019-03-01 01:51:31

fragilityh14

I'm guilty of some of the described things lol, I'm for sure the curmudgeon. I'm sometimes a complainer, but usually I have some sot of plan.

As an elderly person i am definitely actually useful in saying what needs to be done.

i'm quite the survivor, though i usually don't hide food behind trees. I do generally believe that things work the best if people ensure personal survival.

A big one i see is the person who purports to know what he or she is doing then drops dead of starvation in childhood. If children do as i tell them, and make basket and carry food, it is not that damn hard to not starve.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

Board footer