One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-04-25 18:31:59

sdogg2m

Re: GRIEFERS SHOULD BE BANNED!

Ace wrote:

Again, bears are easy to kill and dodge. The pork part from the past wasn't the player fault, pigs were new to the game so some wanted to try it, others did it on purpose but it's still the fault of the game, not the player. If sheep escape just take one to the new, improved pen, and kill the rest.

Ace, I know bears are easy to kill and dodge. I have killed dozens of them but the first twenty hours of playing, I was simply trying to learn how to keep myself alive while learning basic recipes. How many players do you think have quit out of frustration due to having to perform research on the wiki to grasp concepts while dodging a bear? The game already suffers from a lack of intuitiveness, let alone encouraging a player base whose goal is to ruin the fun of others.

And yes, there are many ideas that seem to not being tested prior to implementation that ruin the fun (snowballs come to mind) of everyone and they get corrected after a strong outcry.

However, you seem to excuse the incidents listed in the review as a few isolated incidents when they are rampant. How many times have you traveled to see a random biome that have trees chopped quite a distance away from camp? How many times have tools been made and stolen? How many lines ended by murder? Ever been killed over a backpack? Ever been arrowed as a child? Ever been locked in a building? Ever had someone take four baskets of pies that you made to hide them? All it takes is a minimum of two players in a "family" that want to destroy it and they have the advantage.

Those who are bored with the crafting mechanics of the game have moved onto the personal goal of destroying the work of others. The big huge gaping problem with that is those who are working hard or figuring out the game are the players who have a negative experience never to return. And no offense but I care about them more than I care about people who defend or enable those who are willing to ruin the experience of others.

#27 2019-04-25 19:00:20

Solbusaur

Re: GRIEFERS SHOULD BE BANNED!

Toxic wrote:

If you need to start banning people that grief to make your game better it’s a sign that the game mechanics need to be changed

Eeerrh, it's more that bragging and baiting griefers are the ones pissing people off. Banning griefing is stupid, it's inevitable and undoubtedly fun for a lot of people. It's not worth banning over

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

Board footer