One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-19 04:06:41

wondaland

What we found from 30 years/minutes of exploration.

I just spent a life as Arianna Radish exploring with Sircharles Radish. We set off in our twenties and lived off the land into our late fifties. What did we find?

Simple answer is several dead towns... Some quite advanced and most with food ready to be eaten. Just no one to eat it. Charles and I speculated why these towns never survived long enough to reach diesel tech. Suggesting murder or foreign attack must have been the answer but, we never found another living soul. It could be that we were simply playing during a low traffic time for the server (though my 10+ abandoned babies say otherwise. IT WAS FOR RESEARCH) or just went in the wrong direction. Alas the whole experience was very, very interesting. At one point we even found a town with two horse carts that we proceeded to load up with food and ride off into the sunset.

A quick list of what we did find

- 3-4 eve camps
- 2 large towns with buildings
- earliest pile of bones eighteen years old
- a cart full of buckets in the middle of the jungle
- several bone piles surrounded by clothing
- a random deep well in the middle of nowhere

I really enjoyed this unique life of a nomad, investigating all the ruined cities and signs of life dotted throughout the land. But still don't and probably never will, know why we never found another person.

If you haven't done something like this yet I would highly suggest it, even better if you can find a companion.

Me (Arianne) - http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4512776

Sircharles - http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4512819

Last edited by wondaland (2019-05-19 04:12:40)

#2 2019-05-19 04:11:57

RodneyC86

Re: What we found from 30 years/minutes of exploration.

Just luck, I have found another family while riding a horse cart in search of an iron vein. They were not very friendly. I just rode away

#3 2019-05-19 04:14:10

wondaland

RodneyC86 wrote:

Just luck, I have found another family while riding a horse cart in search of an iron vein. They were not very friendly. I just rode away

Ah Ha this is why we had swords! But yea I've found a family while searching for iron too, didn't live long if you catch my drift.

#4 2019-05-19 10:11:43

QuirkySmirkyIan

I personally enjoy being a nomad too. One time I was a boy I found several cities and the other I found nothing as a eve (with a horse.) It's a intresting game to play.

Open gate now. Need truck to be more efficient!

#5 2019-05-19 10:34:37

Baker

Probably for the best that you didn't find any living towns, People usually kill outsiders on sight nowadays.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#6 2019-05-19 12:45:47

WalrusesConquer

I explored today and found many empty towns.
One was of the Archers and another of the Fonders and a few eve camps.. however little did I know that directly below us was a huge dying town! I think its mainly random though

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#7 2019-05-19 15:31:55

Spoonwood

wondaland wrote:

a cart full of buckets in the middle of the jungle

Was this someone who wanted to a lot of rubber or a bucket griefer?

Sounds like something you could do as an Eve these days.

This might be another way that the 'come together' update discourages people from playing for their lineages, since playing as a nomad just to explore might be attractive to some people.  Then again, people looting other dead camps more easily because of the update might be enough upside that such washes out, I don't know.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-05-19 15:32:11)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#8 2019-05-19 16:41:17

Grim_Arbiter

Baker wrote:

Probably for the best that you didn't find any living towns, People usually kill outsiders on sight nowadays.

Out of the 4 towns ive wandered into as an outsider, nobody stabbed or shot me. Yall just need to bring gifts.

Last edited by Grim_Arbiter (2019-05-19 16:41:50)

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#9 2019-05-20 11:44:04

wondaland

Grim_Arbiter wrote:
Baker wrote:

Out of the 4 towns ive wandered into as an outsider, nobody stabbed or shot me. Yall just need to bring gifts.

This certainly has merit. Had a life where an eve showed up and people started dancing around her, obviously threatened. She walked off, returned with a cart of wood, stoked the fire and proceeded to tend the berries. People seemed to chill out and let her do her thing after that.

#10 2019-05-20 12:08:21

Wuatduhf

This has variable success. Given the current 'climate' people are very much warmongering/fearmongering against Eves, some for good reason, others for worse.

On one side, you have players that say that a 'First strike' policy - attacking an Eve without probable cause or justification - is griefing, and no better than the Eves that try to murder an entire town (or some of its people) or grief with bad intentions.

On another, there are players that cannot trust any Eve not to be malicious, and want a single-lineage city secured by whatever means necessary, even if you do end up harming peaceful Eves, you are defending yourself from the non-peaceful and their kin down the line that may try the same thing.

Personal anecdote - I left a village w/ some twins to try and start up a new colony. We told our mom ahead of time so they knew we left. While we had been gone, an Eve apparently came to our town and murdered everybody.

Our new village failed, no girls or boys lived at all, so I decided to pack up and return home w/ some of the supplies we took w/ us to the village. I had found a BP in the wild w/ a sword, so I wore that and had a couple rope in the BP in addition.

Upon return, I see several non-family in the bakery hovered around the dead Eve. Their family and my family had been in the town for enough generations that we could understand each other.

Upon coming back in and saying "Hi, our colony south failed, so I'm returning these things", one of them charges at me and tries to stab me. I run off and leave the basket of things behind, check that I can take out the sword, stow it, and come back in. The same guy says that I'm an Eve (even though my name was Gretchen) and to kill me because I'm an Eve w/ a sword. They fail and die in the process, but no matter what actions occur afterwards (beyond me dying), they refuse to stop trying to kill me first.

You can watch how that played out here.

#11 2019-05-20 13:58:05

wondaland

Wuatduhf wrote:

This has variable success. Given the current 'climate' people are very much warmongering/fearmongering against Eves, some for good reason, others for worse.

On one side, you have players that say that a 'First strike' policy - attacking an Eve without probable cause or justification - is griefing, and no better than the Eves that try to murder an entire town (or some of its people) or grief with bad intentions.

On another, there are players that cannot trust any Eve not to be malicious, and want a single-lineage city secured by whatever means necessary, even if you do end up harming peaceful Eves, you are defending yourself from the non-peaceful and their kin down the line that may try the same thing.

Personal anecdote - I left a village w/ some twins to try and start up a new colony. We told our mom ahead of time so they knew we left. While we had been gone, an Eve apparently came to our town and murdered everybody.

Our new village failed, no girls or boys lived at all, so I decided to pack up and return home w/ some of the supplies we took w/ us to the village. I had found a BP in the wild w/ a sword, so I wore that and had a couple rope in the BP in addition.

Upon return, I see several non-family in the bakery hovered around the dead Eve. Their family and my family had been in the town for enough generations that we could understand each other.

Upon coming back in and saying "Hi, our colony south failed, so I'm returning these things", one of them charges at me and tries to stab me. I run off and leave the basket of things behind, check that I can take out the sword, stow it, and come back in. The same guy says that I'm an Eve (even though my name was Gretchen) and to kill me because I'm an Eve w/ a sword. They fail and die in the process, but no matter what actions occur afterwards (beyond me dying), they refuse to stop trying to kill me first.

You can watch how that played out here.

Wow ok just watched that video and the family who attacked you was just plain stupid. Yes... kill the elderly 'eve' that poses absolutely no threat. Cant have kids and can talk to you which obviously mean she and her family have interacted with yours, without slaughter. They were ignorant, following the guy who said to kill the eve (gretchen, I mean use your brains people) because he said so. The deserved to die tbh.

Board footer