One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-05-19 21:40:53

Sukallinen

Re: In the future... when you are critical of the game...

Spoonwood wrote:

Skipping posts shows that you don't know if the posts you skipped add or do not add anything to the conversation.

...sigh... Maybe I'll start skipping your posts too.

Do you really think they started skipping your posts just because they don't like your name's two first letters ? Or might there *gasp* be a reason, like they've read enough of your cr*p and tried to argue points to get through to you, and found it impossible ?

No, that's impossible, b/c you're the all-knowing eye of universe.

Edit to Walrus below: if Spoon didn't get it by earlier posts I thought I'd point it out.

Last edited by Sukallinen (2019-05-19 22:06:38)

#27 2019-05-19 21:43:10

WalrusesConquer

I thought this the whole point of this thread...was to remove undeserved hostility from othet people..
Not ranting

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#28 2019-05-20 01:23:43

Spoonwood

Sukallinen wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Skipping posts shows that you don't know if the posts you skipped add or do not add anything to the conversation.

...sigh... Maybe I'll start skipping your posts too.

Do you really think they started skipping your posts just because they don't like your name's two first letters ? Or might there *gasp* be a reason, like they've read enough of your cr*p and tried to argue points to get through to you, and found it impossible ?

The later relies on a fallacious belief that you know how people will act in the future.

Sukallinen wrote:

No, that's impossible, b/c you're the all-knowing eye of universe.

No, I'm not.  Also, that's a bit odd to say if people skip posts because they know what it will say without even reading it.  That's more like having a belief that they are a 'all-knowing eye of the universe'.  But there's no knowledge of what something says without actually reading it.  Nor is there knowledge of how people will be in the future, because there is no knowledge of future events.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#29 2019-05-20 09:25:11

testo

Why do we humans gang on one person when we don´t like his tone or find him harsh?

How do we, forum members, set the boundaries to others speech, how do we get that power?

What is the forum moderation policy about this topic?

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#30 2019-05-20 11:41:30

Guppy

All this thing was about to act civil and discuss things rather than insulting others. There shouldnt be a forum moderation policy needed for that

#31 2019-05-20 16:09:42

Sukallinen

Guppy wrote:

All this thing was about to act civil and discuss things rather than insulting others. There shouldnt be a forum moderation policy needed for that

Yup, it should be decency by humans. I know we go further from the topic all the time but...

I did not mean to hurt her, just point that people have limited time and previous actions DO predict what will happen in future. So, if they have had enough conversations ending in stone wall and they cannot win with one person, they may ignore that person.

I do have all the time in the world, hence my "walls of text" (sorry) etc. But my post's point stands, one can cut it to pieces and hurt it piece by piece, forgetting the context of whole post. I mean the idea, whole post, not cut to pieces and giving each evaluation while the whole post should be considered.

I am sure people check every now and then those "shunned" ppl's chats and either 1) start reading their posts again or 2) wait even longer before reading their next post.

Liff's not that hard people. Just have fun, try not to insult others too much, and try to make world (or forum) better place for next incoming people ! I know this post will be cut down to pieces and reviewed-I just don't care. Have fun ! I do.

#32 2019-05-20 18:25:00

FeignedSanity

Huh, really interesting to see how many people are also tired of Spoonwood's BS. I've skipped a fair few of his posts; but the ones I have read, just leave me confounded. Like, I've rarely ever seen someone stuck so far up their own ass. It's kind of incredible, and kind of sad. It's pretty much the most literal example of talking to a brick wall as you can get without actually talking to masonry.

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#33 2019-05-20 19:06:41

futurebird

I really just wanted people to stope being mean to each other and to Jason. sad

This didn't work. AY.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#34 2019-05-21 09:46:04

ThatGuyWhoDoesThings

spoonwood should jump off a cliff

Board footer