One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-13 06:15:29

CryptoSporidium1

In defense of a murderer.

WARNING: This post is just my opinion, the reason why I'm writing this is to hear from the community and see how people feel about this. I would like to see if anyone shares the same opinion as me, or if anyone view on this issue has been swayed by this post. I would love to hear other sides of this as well, everyone is welcome. Try to read the whole post before commenting.

To make myself clear, I'm defending murderers and only murderers here. I have no respect for you if you force-feed others pies on purpose or eating large foods with one empty hunger bar. That's just taking it too far.

To me, OHOL has always been about stories. The story of you and your family. A story of rags to riches. A story that's completely unique to you and one that no one else can experience the exact same way. With that being said, what's a story without a little conflict?

Some of the best stories I've read and some of the best lives I've lived have always involved murder in some way. It can be an evil queen and you serving by her side, it can be a raid party pillaging the town next door. From what I keep reading all these people are just seen as horrible people that ruin the game, but to me they make the game.

I've had lives where my brother was killed and I build up an army to find my brother's killer, and show me his corpse. I never thought to myself "This griefer is ruining this game by randomly killing people." I instead thought "I will avenge my brother, his memory will not be forgotten."

I've been murdered randomly countless times, by random townsfolk or even my own child. I've never been filled with rage or salt, this game is still about stories. That life just isn't my story. That story belongs to someone else. It could belong to a bystander that found the corpse. It could belong to someone trying to avenge my death. It could even belong to the killer and the story about how he got away with his actions.

I get that people want to make a impact in society, but who's to say that getting killed isn't making an impact? It's an impact on that random witness who tried to avenge you. It's an impact on the 3 little girls who are looking for their mommy. Getting murdered does play an impact on everyone involved, and people will most likely finish what you've started.

Another thing that murderers really hurt is your genetic score. This should just be more motivation to defend the town and make some of those fantastic pads. Plus, trying to help your genetic score by hating murderers can actually hurt it.

I love playing this game with friends, but something I see a lot is that I don't get fed for the soul purpose of playing with a friend. I don't go around killing people(Unless I'm ordered to by a ruling figure.) and my friends don't do it either, but we still get killed for just playing together. And dying young as a baby does actually hurt the genetic score for the innocent players, like myself who just want to build a house with a buddy.

If you go around randomly killing people and starting wars, in game my character may hate you, but in real life I respect you. I respect murderers because to me, it makes the experience something that will be remembered.

If something can be prevented, I don't see a problem with them playing the game that way. Stabs can be healed, and murders are slowed.(While if you eat everything in your path and force feed, you are still the same speed and people can't refuse the forcefed.)

Because of the restrictions given to murderers, I think that they are completely entitled to play the game how they want to play it.

Thanks for listening to my side of the situation, I'm open for debate. If you have anything you want to say I'll be reading the comments.(Just don't send too much hate!) Have a wonderful rest of your day!

#2 2019-07-13 09:17:15

Tarr
Banned

Re: In defense of a murderer.

While the story of murders might be interesting to you these are things not everyone wants in their game. If you would have told me this game was going to try to be Rust Jr. back when I originally started playing I would have never bought or invested time into it in the first place. In my eyes randomly murdering random people (unprovoked obviously) within your lineage is no different than the same people who would start up a game of hardcore in CoD and instantly point an rpg towards the ground and shoot.

Random murders honestly wouldn't be so bad if we had a WORKING system in place to actually deal with people doing this kind of stuff in the first place but the curse system is so gimped at this point Jason thought about just removing it which really shows how disconnected Jason is from the actual game at times. I've now countlessly failed to curse someone not because I lack knowing how to spell their name or having the token but because of the dumb as shit time limit he put on cursing. If you're annoying a bunch of players within your village you absolutely deserve a consequence for doing so and as of currently there is basically none.

The idea that a random is going to avenge your death is beyond goofy and shows why people in the community have a distaste for roleplayers in the first place. tHaT wAs mY mOm!!!11! mentality is one of the worst mentalities to have because it shows you aren't playing for the greater good of the village or lineage you're in. The idea that one asshole has more value than the people trying to learn, the people trying to have fun, or the people just trying to survive is cancerous. "Avenging" without understanding is just griefing with """"Justification""""   

Jason won't fix any of the issues with twins and twins having the greatest advantages when it comes to griefing is why people will refuse to raise group babies and will sometimes even go so far as to murder them for the area ban on the town. If you want to play in a group you have to ask Jason to fix it (good fucking luck on that front) or just accept that people will not risk griefer twins popping up in their village to arr-pee.

Normalizing griefing only makes people think its acceptable behavior hence why we've seen more griefers pop up onto the forums bragging. When you let low quality posts and bait posts into a community people start to think its acceptable behavior and will attract more of the same like minded individuals. Ohol is not a game about roleplaying (Jason doesn't even like roleplay in the game anyways), it's not a game about DRAMA, and it's certainly not a game about ecks dee random murder. OHOL is a game about coming together in a harsh world and building something beautiful where there was once nothing. It's a game about connecting with people and creating something not a single soul could create by themselves. It's a game about parenting and creating, not destroying and murdering.

When someone like you comes around and says "murder good!" the community should ALWAYS hit you back with a resounding NO. You are the one in the minority and should be reminded your ideas only work to taint an already shrinking playerbase and you'll be the ones who run the rest of the peaceful players off. It's a combination of your sort of mentality, Jason's content droughts, and "rich & interesting dynamics" that will kill this game for a second time as I've already seen it once before, and while the numbers stay close to the same that's because new players flood the game just about as quickly as players leave the game and don't return.

Last edited by Tarr (2019-07-13 10:01:46)

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2019-07-13 09:55:01

MultiLife

You are a roleplayer. That’s the difference. I (and even Jason) want that people murder with an in-game purpose, not because their RP mom told them so. I don’t want to be a part of some people’s RP, so them forcing me in their stories by killing or starting RP drama involving me is annoying.

The most mild case of RP griefing I had was a man kidnapping kids from the bonfire. I wanted to develop tech for the town but I had to stop him and keep an eye on all the babies just because he thought it was fun to do. Me and my brother stabbed him and he proudly pronounced how he spiced up our lives by being a villain. Nope, you didn’t. I didn’t want to play a babysitter or had any enjoyment out of your made up drama. You slowed me down and probably starved poor naive newbies when I wasn’t born yet.

As Tarr said, I’m going for the greater good of a town. I don’t like distractions and interruptions if all they have as defense is roleplay. I want the game to provide interruptions and challenges, as Jason seems to want, too.

Murder is part of the game as is killing. And I want other reasons than RP to do it. But cursing is broken and swords are magical genocide tools griefers instantly zoom in on to fulfill their only purpose of ”kill all you can”. Sword juggling is a thing and stacking hits on a player makes it impossible to heal in time. Griefers are enjoying loopholes and I want those fixed. They need to get their curses and sword should be a weapon that behaves like weapons do in the game. No juggle, no foreigner benefits.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2019-07-13 13:06:15

ollj

i would not call it murder, i call it "free cloth"

the vengeful murdeter is just seeking a bad excuse to murder.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-13 13:07:43)

#5 2019-07-13 14:25:57

testo

Just a few things to comment from my point of view:

- Killing because of a ruling figure is griefing. There is no ruling figure in OHOL. If you kill because someone told you to without a solid reason you are griefing.

- If you respect murderers because they give you something to remember you are mentally ill, same logic could apply to real life. I remember the idiot that broke into my home and threatened a friend with a knife. It is a rich narrative if I tell you the whole story. I don´t respect him at all and I would gladly not remember the incident.

- What you are indirectly proposing is normalized killing and griefing. Not normal. Killing and griefing should never be a normal way of play. It has been said many times: this is not a PvP game. What murderes do is make others people game miserable becuase of the lulz and personal sadism. They are not the "opposing force" in the game, they are a social anomaly that only comes from real people under total anonymity. They would not exist if they had to log in everytime with a username or if they had to bear the consequences next life.

- Killing is ok as long as you have a reason. Even anger or fear is OK. IE you kill because someone stole your stuff to work his own. Or killing that kid that runs around town with a loaded bow after you told him to drop it down. Killing because you are the town killer not ok.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#6 2019-07-13 18:18:31

paulof

I like roleplaying too and deaths are part of that, actually, deaths are part of the game, accept that, stop trying to force making the game what you want it to be, because there are people actually enjoying what the game has become and you are not more important than these people, if you don't like what the game is now you have the right to complain, of course, but please don't try to make it look like people who like death are douchebags, they paid for the game too and they have the right to play the way they want using what the game provides, it's not cheat. And those killed, do as i do,  just accept, thats how the game works, sometimes i don't like it too, but it is only a game, stop crying and start another life or leave it and do something good in your real life. Im really tired of this community. Good luck, im leaving the game.

#7 2019-07-13 18:33:20

CryptoSporidium1

Now I see that other people wish different things out of the game than myself. I understand that I am a roleplayer and if that makes me a griefer, so be it.

I enjoy getting connected to my family, I enjoy the connections between people. Roleplaying is just how I like to play, I love being part of a bigger story.

I disagree that I'm part of a majority because I've seen multiple people that play like me in each life. I would say that at least half of the players are roleplayers, I just don't think they come on the forums and are less talkative about it(because, as you said people hate them.)

In my opinion, attacking roleplayers is a little bit toxic(No offence of course!). Roleplayers are still productive. I still build houses, make pies, tend to the berry farm because no one else could be bothered. It's not 100% efficiency but that doesn't necessarily mean bad.

I also disagree with the statement that the curse system is broken(Just give your BBs short and simple names, easy to remember and everyone can say them.).

At the end of the day, it's just a game. People will like some parts, other people will like other parts. Even if Jason doesn't like roleplayers, that's really who this game serves best for. Roleplayers are mostly productive, if you just scare them off the game will become more like rust.

Also calling me mentally ill was a nice touch.

Thanks for the mostly respectful discussion(I was honestly expecting so much more hate.)!

#8 2019-07-13 18:37:38

CryptoSporidium1

paulof wrote:

I like roleplaying too and deaths are part of that, actually, deaths are part of the game, accept that, stop trying to force making the game what you want it to be, because there are people actually enjoying what the game has become and you are not more important than these people, if you don't like what the game is now you have the right to complain, of course, but please don't try to make it look like people who like death are douchebags, they paid for the game too and they have the right to play the way they want using what the game provides, it's not cheat. And those killed, do as i do,  just accept, thats how the game works, sometimes i don't like it too, but it is only a game, stop crying and start another life or leave it and do something good in your real life. Im really tired of this community. Good luck, im leaving the game.

I completely agree with you, but I don't think leaving the game is the best option. Most lives I live people are really nice and just really like the game, all that leaving does is help the more toxic of players.

Just stay away from the forums, this is the worst place I've seen it. All I'm doing here is just dipping my toes into the sharkpit just to see what happens.

Last edited by CryptoSporidium1 (2019-07-13 18:38:07)

#9 2019-07-13 18:45:51

CryptoSporidium1

If you really want maximum efficiency, make your own mod with your own server.

Make a forum post about it, get all of the efficient players on those servers instead of the main one. This will solve all of your problems, no more pesky roleplayers and because it's an efficiency server, you have an actual reason to complain about murderers. You can even remove swords from the game entirely!(I don't know how mods work, but I'm assuming that's correct.)

If people like you are apart of the majority as you claim, the servers should be thriving.

#10 2019-07-14 02:39:42

Léonard

paulof wrote:

there are people actually enjoying what the game has become and you are not more important than these people

Your enjoyment of the game is not more important than the enjoyment of others either.
When you kill for "fun", you're ruining the enjoyment of the game of another player.
Hence your point can literally be used against you.
How hypocritical of an argument.

paulof wrote:

stop trying to force making the game what you want it to be

How ironical coming from the person trying to say that killing for no reason is "part of the game" when it's not and has been confirmed not to be by the dev himself.

paulof wrote:

but please don't try to make it look like people who like death are douchebags

You're literally trying to defend killing innocent people for fun.
You are, by definition, a douchebag.
I guess the true word here would be "selfish", though.
But you justify being selfish as being "part of the game" while simultaneously telling us that we should stop saying it isn't and complaining that we ruin your enjoyment of the game, ironically putting your enjoyment of the game above that of others.
Now that's being a douchebag if anything.

Your point of view is literally morally bankrupt because all of your arguments can actually be used against yourself.

paulof wrote:

but it is only a game, stop crying and start another life or leave it and do something good in your real life.

It's only a game, stop crying about people disliking douchebag roleplayers who try to justify murdering innocent people and ruining their enjoyment of the game while simultaneously complaining that we are ruining their enjoyment.
Start another life, maybe leave it and do something good with your real life.

Oh, actually you did, looks like you took your own advice.
Good riddance.

CryptoSporidium1 wrote:

all that leaving does is help the more toxic of players.

Tell me, who is more toxic here?
The people disliking griefing roleplayers or the roleplayers who try to justify murdering innocent people while openly admitting that their position is morally bankrupt and that it's basically griefing themselves?

CryptoSporidium1 wrote:

Just stay away from the forums, this is the worst place I've seen it. All I'm doing here is just dipping my toes into the sharkpit just to see what happens.

CryptoSporidium1 wrote:

because, as you said people hate them.

CryptoSporidium1 wrote:

I was honestly expecting so much more hate.

I do not inherently hate roleplayers.
Back when I was still playing the game, I did see the casual roleplayer from time to time.
Never did I straight out murder them.

But I do hate roleplayers who are also griefers and especially those who try to justify it afterwards.
My point being that griefers and roleplayers are two completely distinct groups of people and I absolutely understand that.
But the groups of course have overlap. That overlap is what I hate because I hate griefers.
Simple as that.

This is basic set theory by the way.
I can even show you a graph, maybe the fact that it is abstracted into basic mathematics will help you understand more:
z9aB.png

CryptoSporidium1 wrote:

In my opinion, attacking roleplayers is a little bit toxic

Attacking roleplayers for no reason is indeed toxic.
Attacking griefers on the other hand is the opposite of toxic, it's a service to the community.
Griefers who are also roleplayers are still griefers.

CryptoSporidium1 wrote:

I also disagree with the statement that the curse system is broken(Just give your BBs short and simple names, easy to remember and everyone can say them.).

The curse system's purpose is to deal with griefers.
Griefers can avoid the curse system by having a long name.
Therefor the curse system is flawed.

Basic logic 101 really...

CryptoSporidium1 wrote:

If you really want maximum efficiency, make your own mod with your own server.

Make a forum post about it, get all of the efficient players on those servers instead of the main one. This will solve all of your problems, no more pesky roleplayers and because it's an efficiency server, you have an actual reason to complain about murderers. You can even remove swords from the game entirely!

If you really want maximum roleplay, make your own mod with your own server.

Make a forum post about it, get all of the roleplayers on those servers instead of the main one. This will solve all of your problems, no more pesky minmaxers and because it's a roleplay server, you have actual reason to straight out grief. You can even add guns! Hell, you could even add an infinity gauntlet and instantly kill half of the server with a single snap!

See, your own arguments can be turned against yourself.
Really goes to show how morally bankrupt you guys are.

The irony of course here is that even if you guys had your own server I'm not so sure you would all get along.
Keep snapping that infinity gauntlet made just for your fun and see what happens.

The point being: just at what point does the enjoyment of other people get in the way of your own enjoyment?
And that's what you don't understand.
You even admitted yourself that different people like different parts of the game.
Which, lo and behold, means we have to all get along.

That's basic human empathy really..

CryptoSporidium1 wrote:

If people like you are apart of the majority as you claim, the servers should be thriving.

You're right, maybe people who play the game normally are no longer the majority, but that's definitely not because there were an abundance of roleplayers like you seem to believe, it's because those people specifically are being driven away from the game update after update.

And there's an explanation for this, too.
It lies in something you said yourself:

CryptoSporidium1 wrote:

that's really who this game serves best for.

You see, I'd argue that any game serves roleplayers the best.
Why? Because to roleplay, it literally doesn't matter what you're "playing".
You can roleplay anywhere anytime for the simple reason that you get to make up the story completely.

If Jason had only roleplayers as his playerbase, then he wouldn't have to think about basic human behavior and give them something fun to do.
Because roleplayers don't have fun with the content provided by Jason, they get fun from what they do entirely by completely making shit up as they play.
As such, their expectations are significantly lowered.
Jason's job is significantly easier.
They don't even care about winning the game the way it's intended to be.

They're dying? Oh well it's part of their epic stories I guess.
Is repeatedly watering berries interesting as a game mechanic?
"Duh, I don't care, I'm a roleplayer, I'm just going to pretend stuff up instead."

The same can also be applied to griefers.
Take that into account, and you can easily see why the main server is getting more and more mindless and useless wars.

#11 2019-07-14 03:59:33

CryptoSporidium1

Making a custom server for efficient players makes more sense than making a roleplaying server. Here is a few reasons why:

1. No more greifing.
If we had a custom roleplaying server the griefers, the ones who kill for no reason(even in RP) or the ones that force feed will still exist in the main servers because they aren't roleplayers. Griefers won't put in a lot of time downloading a mod just to go and attack you, so you will be seeing a significant decrease in not just murderers, but all griefers as well! If we had a roleplaying server that would only remove the roleplayers, not the griefers. The best way to solve your problem is to seclude yourself in your own server.

2. Make the game the game that you want to play.
With your own custom mod and server, you can make the game exactly how you want to make it. This means no more war swords, a better cursing system, and even fixed vegetables. Literally everything you sit and complain about on the forums can be solved by opening your own server. If you don't like any game mechanic, it can be changed or even removed entirely! With your own server anything is possible.

3. It's just more practical.
How many roleplayers do you see on the forums? OK, now how many efficient players do you see on the forums? There's a lot more efficient players than roleplayers on the forums, so posting your server here will gain more traction for a surviving better server. There will always be roleplayers and griefers on the main server, even if you have a specific server just for them. With your own server, you don't have to deal with these kind of players because casuals probably won't be joining servers for the best of the best players.

We are not(Or at least I'm not) asking for change. I love the game how it currently is and every update(Excluding the first apocalypse) I absolutely adore. I am only trying to help you with my server idea, you can take it or leave it. Create the change you want to see in the world, don't expect someone else to do it for you. Don't expect us to pack our bags and move to a different server when we like the servers already. If you don't like it, maybe moving will be a better option.

If we make compromises, everyone can be happy and play the game that they want. Have a wonderful rest of your day.

#12 2019-07-14 05:24:25

Léonard

CryptoSporidium1 wrote:

1. No more greifing.
If we had a custom roleplaying server the griefers, the ones who kill for no reason(even in RP) or the ones that force feed will still exist in the main servers because they aren't roleplayers. Griefers won't put in a lot of time downloading a mod just to go and attack you, so you will be seeing a significant decrease in not just murderers, but all griefers as well! If we had a roleplaying server that would only remove the roleplayers, not the griefers.

You greatly underestimate griefers here.
You really think they can't download a dumb mod and enter a specific server address just to get that extra spicy reaction from people?

I guess you could make the argument that you can moderate such custom server but you'd have to find people who are willing to do that.
But even then, your argument doesn't really make sense.
Griefers will always exist on the main server whether we make a second roleplaying or efficiency server.

Or are you implying that all roleplayers are automatically ok with griefers?
I think you might be overgeneralizing your point of view again if that's the case.
You yourself excluded people hiding tools in your own OP.

CryptoSporidium1 wrote:

Create the change you want to see in the world, don't expect someone else to do it for you. Don't expect us to pack our bags and move to a different server when we like the servers already. If you don't like it, maybe moving will be a better option.

CryptoSporidium1 wrote:

Literally everything you sit and complain about on the forums can be solved by opening your own server. If you don't like any game mechanic, it can be changed or even removed entirely! With your own server anything is possible.

Literally everything you sit and complain about your country can be solved by making your own country. If you don't like any laws, it can be changed or even removed entirely! With your own country anything is possible.

All joking aside, I hope you realize this is unbelievably difficult given the current circumstances.
You're proposing we split the already small community we have.
And it would even be in half according to you!

Not even talking about the fact that there is an insane amount of people who just never bothered to read the forums once and as such wouldn't even know of the server's existence.
And this is why the CCM failed (which wasn't even about roleplaying), people knew even if it had worked best it could, only a fraction of people would have moved there.
OHOL is a multiplayer game. People play to be with others.

Besides, I don't see what's wrong with criticizing the game.
I really really hope we don't have to get in this discussion YET AGAIN.
That's not what this is about right? You don't think of us as mindless complainers right?

CryptoSporidium1 wrote:

If we make compromises, everyone can be happy and play the game that they want.

This compromise already exists.
It's called simple human empathy.
Why can't you be a normal human being and use your empathy like everyone else?
Why can't the compromise be, oh I don't know, maybe stop at fucking killing innocent people who aren't involved in your roleplaying activities in the first place?

Actually, I think that's a BETTER compromise overall, any normal human being should recognize that.
Want to know why? Because then we don't have to SPLIT the ENTIRE community.

#13 2019-07-14 06:42:19

CryptoSporidium1

People talk about leaving the game because it's not the game they want anymore. I personally think that even though it splits the community, overall the player count will go up because more people will be playing how they want to play.

But what do I know, I'm just a random person on the internet.

Oh also, of course some griefers will make it through. I said a significant decrease not a total one.

#14 2019-07-14 07:47:28

Toxic
Banned

Im Toxic

#15 2019-07-14 09:49:51

sigmen4020

I actually agree that role players and the like wouldn’t enjoy having their own server. Because nothing would ever get built. Griefers and roleplayers are not the ones making these grand cities. They are usually the ones that tear them down.

And “efficiency” servers tend to die off very quickly and unceremoniously. Just take a look at the “Community Crucible Modded Server”. There were a lot of hype for it, but then it stagnated. Barely anyone played it and then it unceremoniously died off like every other attempt. The server has been offline and unavailable to be played for over a month now.

Also griefers join low pop servers all the time to tear people’s creations down, because nothing else that gives them value to their lives. So why wouldn’t they join a “high efficiency” server. They would have a field day.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-07-14 09:55:52)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#16 2019-07-14 10:53:07

testo

sigmen4020 wrote:

I actually agree that role players and the like wouldn’t enjoy having their own server. Because nothing would ever get built. Griefers and roleplayers are not the ones making these grand cities. They are usually the ones that tear them down.

And “efficiency” servers tend to die off very quickly and unceremoniously. Just take a look at the “Community Crucible Modded Server”. There were a lot of hype for it, but then it stagnated. Barely anyone played it and then it unceremoniously died off like every other attempt. The server has been offline and unavailable to be played for over a month now.

Also griefers join low pop servers all the time to tear people’s creations down, because nothing else that gives them value to their lives. So why wouldn’t they join a “high efficiency” server. They would have a field day.

It is quite the logical fallacy to pretend that everyone is either roleplaying or aiming at efficiency in the game. Different people enjoy different ways of playing, and roleplaying isn´t really the problem. Trying to justify murder becuase of roleplay is. Also I don´t know if you played in CMM, but it was not an efficiency server.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#17 2019-07-14 11:26:13

sigmen4020

testo wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:

It is quite the logical fallacy to pretend that everyone is either roleplaying or aiming at efficiency in the game. Different people enjoy different ways of playing, and roleplaying isn´t really the problem. Trying to justify murder becuase of roleplay is. Also I don´t know if you played in CMM, but it was not an efficiency server.

I have played CCM for quite a bit and yeah it wasn’t an efficiency server (also note that I put efficiency in quotation marks but I guess you didn’t notice that). But what it did promise was heavy moderation where you would get banned from playing there if you were too much of a troublemaker.

And I was responding to a hypothetical here where roleplayers and the like would get there own server. Where did I imply that the entire population of the game falls into two categories (roleplayers and minmaxers). All I said about the theoretical role play server is that heavy roleplayers have a tendency to not create these big cities that they mess around in.

You saying that I believe that only minmaxers and roleplayers exist is a complete straw man, since I never made that argument to begin with.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-07-14 11:31:43)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#18 2019-07-14 12:00:44

MultiLife

What I mean with "broken curse system" is that you cannot curse foreigners anymore, and twins/triples/quadruplets are too hard to counter for players to be brave enough to always raise them. They need a weakness to their numbers, such as a curse afflicting all of them or them all dying to the "broken heart" when one dies; you know, the thing Jason almost implemented back in the days... Right now their power has zero weaknesses, so raising a bad bunch is catasrophic. This makes players less interested in raising multiples, as they can ruin a place so easily. This is not normal when it comes to parenting, a parent should be happy but concerned when multiples are born in a way of "can I keep them all alive?", not "will these babies start making weapons the moment they get to the age to hold a bow or a knife?". It's a loophole griefers can and do use, and that ruins good multiples' gaming experiences. If there was a weakness, griefers would think twice when using multiples as a way to "power-grief".

Back to the topic: I don't understand why people keep throwing around "maximum efficiency" even though not a single soul here was talking about being efficient. We were talking about how defending murderers is not okay, and we can see that's because A: the dev doesn't want roleplay, but actual gameplay reasons for murder, and B: people who have no interest being involved in some roleplayers' roleplay get pulled in, never wanting that in the first place, and they get their gaming session ruined because someone thought their enjoyment is above someone else's. And C: roleplayers can doom a lineage with simply roleplaying in a harmful way, so defending pointless murder is harmful (and that's not needed; what is needed is actual reasons aside roleplaying to kill things).

Firstly, nobody should ever believe their fun is above others, and that goes ALL WAYS. If someone is all in with you stabbing them, then go and have your stab fest. Don't pull innocents in your drama if they want nothing to do with it; don't push your drama onto others. That's you taking your fun above others' enjoyment, and setting rules what is fun, without considering if that is actually fun to others.
One special case is if you or your buddy are last females, then you gotta push your stab fest to older age - if you want to be mindful and a good sport for others, that is. It didn't prevent your fun, but by being mindful you can have your fun at the right time so it hurts nobody, and everyone gets a good result in the end.

Secondly, there are different players, and we need to be mindful enough to not ruin people's fun on both sides. A minmaxer should not go stab a noob because their yum chain got reset by them. A minmaxer shouldn't stab a harmless roleplayer who is occasionally chatting with someone else, but not doing harm. A roleplayer should not go stab a person because the town is too quiet. A roleplayer shouldn't stab a baby because they roleplay as a baby killer. Minmaxers cannot expect 100% efficiency in a life, and a roleplayer cannot expect to be able to do whatever they want in a life, because actions have consequences in multiplayer games and you need to be able to have enough awareness to not ruin others' games, so no pushing your story onto others or harming their experience (that's the literal definition of a griefer, sabotaging/harming your teammates, your fellow players).

Only murders you should defend are murders where there is a bunch of people, the murderer and the victim, who are all okay with this happening. And as it happens, it doesn't have a catastrophic impact on the town or the lineage, as that would sour the fun of the other players there. However, currently murderers and killers don't give a crap what others feel and experience, and do what they damn well please. And that drives away the other half or so players, which is not okay, as that is killing the game.

Also thanks Leonard for pointing our the hypocrisy, it was unbearable there. Glad I didn't have to point it out.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-07-14 12:50:55)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

Board footer