One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-05 02:44:30

EchoPlays420

Making A Private Server On Windows

Hello, I want to play by myself on a server, I have looked around but can not find a tutorial anywhere, so if someone could tell me how to make one that would be fantastic smile

Last edited by EchoPlays420 (2019-11-05 02:45:25)

#2 2019-11-05 04:03:34

Thaulos

Re: Making A Private Server On Windows

I never actually tried it out but I believe Awbz's mod compiles win binaries for server:

https://github.com/Awbz/OneLife/releases

#3 2019-11-05 04:04:16

Coconut Fruit

Making own server is very simple thanks to Awbz. Just download full windows latest release, open server folder and for the first time opening use runServer.bat as administrator (it will create softlinks. Probably there would be need to make softlinks on your own in older windows versions) and tada, you can connect to localhost. To remove hunger just increase numbers in settings (minFoodDecrementSeconds and maxFoodDecrementSeconds) and to remove aging increase number in secondsPerYear setting. You can also forceEveLocation so you spawn in your town everytime. And don't forget to gently close the server with ctrl+c so it won't crash next time you open it.

It's worth getting rid of skill slots when playing single. Try increasing numbers in baseToolSlotsPerPlayer.ini and maxToolSlotsPerPlayer.ini.

Last edited by Coconut Fruit (2019-11-05 19:24:48)

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#4 2019-11-05 05:07:51

EchoPlays420

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Making own server is very simple thanks to Awbz. Just download full windows latest release, open server folder and for the first time opening use runServer.bat as administrator (it will create softlinks. Probably there would be need to make softlinks on your own in older windows versions) and tada, you can connect to localhost. To remove hunger just increase numbers in settings (minFoodDecrementSeconds and maxFoodDecrementSeconds) and to remove aging increase number in secondsPerYear setting. You can also forceEveLocation so you spawn in your town everytime. And don't forget to gently close the server with ctrl+c so it won't crash next time you open it.

OMG Thank you so much smile

#5 2019-11-05 16:21:22

lady_hyena

Coconut Fruit wrote:

Sorry if I'm being dumb but when I launch runserver.bat as admin should it do something? it gets to listening for connection on port # then doesn't do anything. I'm sure I'm just missing something simple but any help would be appreciated.

#6 2019-11-05 19:00:43

Coconut Fruit

If it gets to that point that means everything is correct and the server is running. You can connect to localhost now.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners

#7 2019-11-05 19:24:10

Coconut Fruit

It's worth getting rid of skill slots when playing single. Try increasing numbers in baseToolSlotsPerPlayer.ini and maxToolSlotsPerPlayer.ini.

Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners

Board footer