One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-24 02:05:23

Alontae Balasa

I'm looking for a mod that shows world coordinates

Has someone made a mod that shows world coordinates in-game? (coordinates relative to the center of the map)

I am planning on building a bell tower near the tutorial cells. tongue

I ask a lot of questions. Thanks for answering them!

.-.. . .- .-. -. / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / .-- .. - .... / --- - .... . .-. / ..-. .- -- .. .-.. .. . ...

#2 2020-04-24 02:43:43

pein

Re: I'm looking for a mod that shows world coordinates

You can't see real coordinates, only based on your birth, which is relative. However you can see coordinates of birth and death in life logs, all you need is an old enough name on the list. You can either check your previous names or someone you knew it died there, like an old Eve grave or such. You need around 10-18 hours so the list is updated. Depends on the time, I think is 8-9 GMT mornings so if a family starts later on the day, has a decent chance to survive. But you can find same cities the next day with other families. You can find out which town it is based on graves, relative coordinates to other cities. Wondible made a nice map, once you got some data, it's easy to find which city it is.
tAw5Ws8.png
For example, these relative coordinates were the 4 families close to each other. I could check where it is one of them then know their absolute coordinates. The horizontal coordinates supposed to be stable between 0 and 800? it seems it's going south-west with time and can be a bit more random, especially with bad eves.

There were nerfs to tutorial towns. First off you can't fly more than 10k then you can't even get there realistically.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2020-04-24 02:48:07

Spoonwood

pein wrote:

I think Wondible said in another thread that tutorial Eves don't show up in the logs.  So, I don't think what you point out applies to this person's project, unfortunately.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2020-04-24 03:43:01

Alontae Balasa

Yeah, I couldn't find my tutorial Eves in the logs. I did find my grave on OneMap from a tutorial life in which I made a cart, some tools, and started to build a well. It's at (5400280, 640) which is 16 cells away from the south end of the tutorial block.

- When players play a tutorial life, does the game spawn them in the cell directly north or south (or neither) of the last player who played a tutorial life?

I'm thinking about different ways to approach the problem of getting to the well with enough time to do SOMETHING before I die. I have a couple of tools stashed there. Right now it seems like a "double life horse" strategy is the best. I would break out, get a horse, park it, then start a new tutorial run, break out, and pick up the horse to travel back to the well site. Since it is so close to the south end of the tutorial block, I will always find the well site by going south (and cycling back north if I find empty wilderness).  But, this depends on how tutorial cell spawning works. I can't pick up my horse if I spawn 5000 tiles north or south of my last tutorial run.

Also, how do you spawn as twins in a tutorial cell?

.-.. . .- .-. -. / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / .-- .. - .... / --- - .... . .-. / ..-. .- -- .. .-.. .. . ...

#5 2020-04-24 03:59:33

pein

I mean you can see on the map, the point is to be close to the tutorial and collect those resources, doesn't matter which tutorial area
but the times of that are gone, I remember last time I plaid in such a town, it was like 400 away from tut, was quite nice and I found out very late in that life that we are close, we got some doors and iron for free, was quite fun

if it's 5 mill then you would need 10k routes on airplane, that's unsustainable, your town dies out from time to time so you won't get back there

even getting out of the room is hard to predict where you land, I don't think is possible now

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2020-04-24 04:27:09

Toxic
Banned

there is no such mod, however i have an map that i maintain. It contains an updated location of all towns.

#7 2020-04-24 04:45:56

Alontae Balasa

pein wrote:

I mean you can see on the map, the point is to be close to the tutorial and collect those resources, doesn't matter which tutorial area
but the times of that are gone, I remember last time I plaid in such a town, it was like 400 away from tut, was quite nice and I found out very late in that life that we are close, we got some doors and iron for free, was quite fun

if it's 5 mill then you would need 10k routes on airplane, that's unsustainable, your town dies out from time to time so you won't get back there

even getting out of the room is hard to predict where you land, I don't think is possible now

I'm not trying to build a tutorial town, just a bell tower and a small solo camp to produce food and things to make the bell tower next to the tutorial area. I want to build a bell tower next to the tutorial area because a) it is a fun way of pushing the limits of the game and b) it would be so funny to see a bell arrow pointing 5.4 million tiles east. tongue

Board footer